Q: 

hi Susan I had sex on 11th Jan the condom slipped nd my bf came inside of me, was on the 7th day of my fertile period but i took P2 23hrs later nd completed the dosage 12hrs later since then I hvnt felt any effect of the drug or spotted asides from breast

By Anonymous January 15, 2016 - 3:25am

hi Susan I had sex on 11th Jan the condom slipped nd my bf came inside of me, this was on the 7th day of my fertile period but i took P2 23hrs later nd completed the dosage 12hrs later since then I hvnt felt any effect of the drug or spotted asides from breast tenderness nd little brownish discharge. Is this normal and how do I know the P2 worked asides from a pregnancy test?

Thanks for your post.

You can only know P2 works by taking a test or getting your period.

P2 is up to 95% effective when taken correctly if you were ovulating. Since you took it correctly then your risk is extremely low. Your discharge may be a side effect - not all women experience side effects or the same side effects. side effects can take 3-7 days to happen. your period could be along in a few days or a few weeks as irregularity is also a side effect.

This is why we caution women to only take emergency contraception in a real emergency and not use it as birth control. Yours was a true emergency so you did the right thing!

Tags: