By October 21, 2013 - 8:33am

I was raped and the guy told me he gave me a new undetectable HIV strain what do I do how do I know to check my cd4 counts how often no viral load test can pick it up or antibody ! I'm very scared

The police are done listening to me his friends had his back how long would it take me to get very sick.

(reply to scaredalone)

All I can do is write because I'm looking for people in my situation I can't even see an infectious disease Dr cause I don't test.positive my physicalls are fine now I'm just checking my imune system

HERWriter Guide (reply to scaredalone)

No problem, scaredalone, I do hope other women in your situation (or someone in the medical field) can help you out of they read this.

HERWriter Guide (reply to scaredalone)

I have no idea, scaredalone.

I don't even know what kind of virus you may have or what the general state of your health is apart from these symptoms. Again, please realize that you are listening to the threats of a rapist.

scaredalone, this is a case for your doctor and I suggest you request a meeting with a doctor to discuss this entire issue. We cannot give you any information here, unfortunately, you haven't even had a diagnosis and there is absolutely no proof that you have HIV at all. Just because someone tells you something doesn't make it true.

Please contact your doctor - you need to sit down with someone in the medical community who can actively help you. And please stay in touch with us but you need the advice of a doctor - we cannot help you with these questions.

I have that's why I had a cd4 test and no I'm not giving him credibility at all have u heard of people who have had intense flumsymptoms and thrush etc but still tested negative

Hi scaredalone

Thank you for your post!I am so sorry to read what has happened to you.

Firstly, I wouldn't believe the word of a rapist. If he has an "undetectable" strain of HIV, then how on earth would he know he has it?

Secondly, he is likely doing this to cause deep emotional distress.

Additionally you need to see a doctor for the next 6 months to see if you have any kind of STDs or STI's after being raped . This is something that all rape victims have to go through, unfortunately.

Are you getting any counseling, scaredalone? I really hope you are. Your doctor can give you some recommendations.

Rape is not only a horrendous physical and emotional act upon someone but it is also a crime. Have you reported this to the police? If not, I highly recommend you do so.

We really hope to hear back from you  - will you let us know how you are doing?

Yes he tested negative for HIV and he told me he has an undetectable strain of HIV so it won't mater how many times I tested but I still did anyways 400 times pcr DNA pcr Nat etc fourth generation. I think he knows he has it by his symptoms or at least that's how I've drawn this conclusion about myself. I've tried councelling it doesn't help I reported him its here say I don't even know how often to check my imune system or how long I can live or if I can have a child or anything I know nothing I'm very sad and hurt and disappointed. I'm afraid

HERWriter Guide (reply to scaredalone)

Hi again and thank for writing back!

I can't give legal advice but what you reported to the police isn't hearsay. Hearsay from a legal standpoint is something that you heard from someone else that you are reporting as fact. It's can't be fact because that person wasn't an actual witness. A rape victim is a witness - they are reporting a crime, it cannot be hearsay. Please look into this if you are interested in pursuing this further.

Scaredalone, you are indeed drawing conclusions that you have this "undetectable" strain of HIV, only because someone told you that you have. Why are you believing him?

There are different strains of HIV and many do worry that they have an undetectable strain but modern medicine is very good and the vast majority of people who have HIV will come up positive in a test. This man has scared you to death.

Flu-like symptoms and things like thrush are indeed early indicators of an HIV infection but there is no proof at all that you have HIV - in fact, your tests are coming back negative. Has it been 6 months yet? It can take that much time for a positive test to show up.

Yes its been 3 years and six months I just had a cd4 test yeah ur right those are symptoms of HIV that's why I'm scared

(reply to scaredalone)

If u are wondering what symptoms the severe flu like symptom three weeks after missed nineteen periods thrush and hsv breakouts

AIDS / HIV Guide