How long does it take for birth control to start working?

By Anonymous December 14, 2014 - 6:55pm

I took my last active pill on Nov 12.
Started period Nov 16-18.
Had sex late night/early morning Nov 22/23.
Had sex Nov 25
And had sex late night/early morning Nov 26/27.
He pulled out every time. But I know of a lot of women who fell pregnant using this "method"

I started my new pack of birth control on Nov 25.

I'm asking because my breasts have hurt since Dec 2 and they never hurt. They hurt worst when I first wake up in the morning, I'm a back and side sleeper so I don't sleep on them. And they hurt mostly on the outsides/bottoms and they also feel really fuller and appear slightly bigger.

My period is/was due between Dec 12-17 as my cycle length varies between 26 and 31 days.
I took a First Response test on Dec 10th and it was negative but I think I may have taken it too soon.

And what are the chances I could've gotten pregnant?

Anytime you have unprotected sex you risk pregnancy. I cannot tell you your chances exactly. 

If you don't get your period when expected, test for pregnancy.