Q: 

how long does Postinor 2 last in your system

By October 24, 2013 - 11:15am

I had sex with my bf on the 19th October ,exactly 2 weeks after my period and the condom broke. I took Postinor 2 within 12 hours of the broken condom and i didnt have sex since.The Postinor 2 pill did not bring my period but i am getting slight stomach cramps. Is there any possible chance i can still become pregnant?

Anonymous

I had sex on Friday with a condom and took postinor 2 at a go..on Monday morning I had stomach pain and vomiting what could it mean

Hello Anon

EC has some severe side effects and this cou;d have been one.
Or it could have been food poisoning or something else.

Anonymous

Hello Aug 6 I had sex with my bf and 5hrs after I take postinor 2 (first tablet) the 2nd tablet I take the next day night time and my period come Aug 11 and end 16..and then again I had sex with him aug 22 and take postinor 2 (1St tablet) at night and the 2nd tablet is at next day.. Now i am suffering vaginal bleeding that starts Aug 28 up to now.. What does this mean.? Is this the side effect? Is it ok to take postinor 2 in how many times?

Hello Anon

P2 is to be used for emergencies only, not as a method of birth control.
These side effects are due to this over-dosage.

Anonymous

Hello there,I had my period on 31th-4th, I had sex on 15 @ around 2pm using withdrawal method then on 16 @ around same time also using withdrawal method, but I became scared and took postinator 2 on 17 @around 2:30/3pm , right now am having cramps like pains ,,is there a chance I can get pregnant?.. Am worried!..

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

You will know if Postinor 2 was effective in preventing pregnancy once you have vaginal bleeding. If you have no bleeding within three weeks of taking the pill, test for pregnancy.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi, I took postinor 2 after sex wtth ny man. Then 3 days later, we had sex all night. Do I need to take anything else?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. This lasts for one menstrual cycle.

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I am having the same issue.... I used postinor 2 on Saturday and I later had unprotected sex on Tuesday.... pls do I need to take another pill again.

Anonymous

Hi...July 3, 2017 my period came to an end. I had sex on that day, started a box of Yasmin tablet and took the Postinor 2 tablet. On the 9th of July, I was suffering with an yeast infection and took mycosyst. On the 10th of July, I had sex and took Postinor 2 tablets. The next day my yeast infection flare up and I got suppositories. I took one. I am wondering if the yeast infection medication disrupted the birth control pills and Postinor tablets. Am I pregnant? Thanks