Q: 

how long does Postinor 2 last in your system

By October 24, 2013 - 11:15am

I had sex with my bf on the 19th October ,exactly 2 weeks after my period and the condom broke. I took Postinor 2 within 12 hours of the broken condom and i didnt have sex since.The Postinor 2 pill did not bring my period but i am getting slight stomach cramps. Is there any possible chance i can still become pregnant?

Anonymous

Hi...July 3, 2017 my period came to an end. I had sex on that day, started a box of Yasmin tablet and took the Postinor 2 tablet. On the 9th of July, I was suffering with an yeast infection and took mycosyst. On the 10th of July, I had sex and took Postinor 2 tablets. The next day my yeast infection flare up and I got suppositories. I took one. I am wondering if the yeast infection medication disrupted the birth control pills and Postinor tablets. Am I pregnant? Thanks

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you had sex on the same day your period ended, there was no risk for pregnancy.

You were taking Yasmin and there was no need to take Postinor 2.

You should never take an emergency contraceptive more than one in a one month period of time.

I doubt you are pregnant.

A yeast infection is a fungal infection and treated with antifungal medications. Antibiotics will decrease the efficiency of birth control pills but I do not think an antifungal does.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex last Friday. I took one pill of Postinor during evening and another one before I sleep. But after 5 days of having Postinor, I still haven't gotten my period. I am so scared and nervous. Its not yet 2 weeks so I couldn't have my preganancy test. Does having Postinor before I sleep making it ineffective? Or am I just being paranoid? I should be getting my period by now :(

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex with my bf several times starting from evening of 19th June to evening of 22nd June. Then I had prostino 1 tablet last evening (22nd June.) 3 hours after the tablet i had unprotected sex again. My last menstrual bleeding was on 3rd June. From now onwards we decided to use condoms. Please advise me whether I was protected from my last unprotected sex, 3 hours after taking prostino 1. Thanks

Anonymous

Hello. On Sunday I got a bit intoxicated and attempted sex. I was/am a virgin, not sure if I lost my virginity in the process (hymen broke because no pain, no blood). He kept on trying to get in but apparently my vagina was too closed up (was wearing a condom but not all through as I was supposed to be leaving but I didn't). So right now, im not entirely sure if I'm still a virgin or not. My inner thighs hurt a lot. Decided to take postinor 2 just be extra careful yesterday (Monday), which was under 24 hours but the problem is my period was supposed to arrive yesterday (Monday) but it still hasn't. He didnt cum, or i don't think excrete anything at all, although I'm not entirely sure. Im just extremely worried. Should I wait till the end of the week for my period?

Anonymous

Anonymous
I had sex with my bf and after an hour or 2 i used 2 tablet of postinol 2, there was no bleeding, no spotting but am yet to see my period. Pls am i save

Anonymous

hi, I Had Unprotected Sex On The 29th April, on the 7th day of my menstrual cycle. I wasn't sure if he ejaculated in me so I took postinor 2 on 1st may. My cycle is usually 26 -28 days and today is the 29th. Should I be worried?

Anonymous

i had my period on 6-9/5 and i had contact with my bf on 15/5 around 1545hrs and i took P2 on 17/5 around 1300hrs, please tell me is there any possibility that i will get my period on the next month

Anonymous

Hello, my gf had her period on 11/3-17/3. On 22/3, we had some sexual contact with masturbation, 50 minutes after that i had my dick on her clit but no intercourse or sex, only touched her with my hand which is clean( did not touch my dick ). But for precatuion i had her take p2 in the morning(23/3) she had a heavy bleeding 6 days later for 6 days with cramps (29/3-4/4). She had mild spotting in April (19/4-23/4) brownish colour. This month she had a period (5/5) full flow, with cramps. What is happening, are we safe? Please, i'm very worried

Anonymous

my girlfriend had her period from 11/3-18/3 on the 11th day (22/3) we played around with each others genitals and i ejacuated, peed after. 50 minutes later on that same day i touched her clit with my dick by i did not insert, instead i started fingering her with my dry hand. As percaution she took postinor 2 the next morning (23/3) . 6 days after (29/3) she started having heavy bleeding and cramps, which i would assume is withdrawal bleeding. On april she had mild spoting of brown blood(19/4), but no full periods. On May she had her period, normal flow (5/5) and slight cramps. She's having a hectic life recently with 6hours of less sleep, so she recently told me she's tired and stessed, with headaches sometimes. No other pregnancy symptoms, i'm extremely worried. Is she pregnant? Please help