how long does Postinor 2 last in your system

By October 24, 2013 - 11:15am

I had sex with my bf on the 19th October ,exactly 2 weeks after my period and the condom broke. I took Postinor 2 within 12 hours of the broken condom and i didnt have sex since.The Postinor 2 pill did not bring my period but i am getting slight stomach cramps. Is there any possible chance i can still become pregnant?

Anonymous

Hello. I took postinor 2 after having sex and he ejaculated in me. Three days after I had sex again And he ejaculated in me again. Do I still need to take postinor 2 again?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

No. Do not take another dose of Postinor 2.

Postinor 2 prevents pregnancy by preventing ovulation. This lasts for one menstrual cycle.

Postinor 2, like all emergency contraceptives, is intended to be used only in emergency situations. Do not depend on it as a form of regular birth control.

Over use can lead to a decrease in its effectiveness.

Regards,

Anonymous

I had sex a day after my period and I took postinor 2 d next day, then 2 days later I had sex but my bf didn't release on mi and now my period is suppose to come on the 9th of march till now av not seen it. Does it mean am pregnant? Plz I need help.

Hello Anon

Your period may be delayed due to taking P2; if you don't get your period in the few days, take a test to rule it out.

Anonymous

what is the different btwn postinor which is ten tab and postinor 2 which is two tab

Hello Anon

Postinor ten was one of the original "morning after" pills to be taken once a day for 10 days.

To my knowledge it has not been on the market in many years.

Anonymous

i want to know if taking postinor 2 stops ovulation for that period when taken and then resumes again within the cycle again or it stops it from coming again till the end of the cycle and one has to wait for the next cycle to resume before ovulation comes.
Please i need to know how postinor 2 interacts with ovuation.

Hello Anon

P2 stops ovulation in that current cycle, not the next cycle.

Anonymous

Please how does postinor 2 prevents ovulation,and is it that when postinor 2 is taken before ovulation it will stop ovulation from coming through till ones next period.
please i need answers.

Emergency contraceptives are up to 95% effective when taken as prescribed within the first 24 hours, so the risk is very small. It works by preventing ovulation and stopping a pregnancy from starting by introducing a large dose of hormones that prevent ovulation and a subsequent pregnancy.

It is not an abortion pill. It prevents a pregnancy, it does not end one. Side effects can include stomach aches, headaches, nausea and a general feeling of being unwell.

Symptoms usually start 3-7 days after taking the medication and may or may not include bleeding or spotting. Not all women get symptoms. Some get many, or a few, or none. If a woman doesn’t get her next period within a week of it’s expected date, a pregnancy test may be necessary although the risk is very low. Periods can often be delayed as a result of taking emergency contraception.