Q: 

Huge blood clots during period

Hi! I tried to post this before but it's not showing up as one of the questions I asked, so here it is again: I have a pretty regular cycle except for the fact that it's always super a super heavy flow. My last few periods I've had some small clots but there's no pattern to them. This time, I've had huge blood clots ranging from the size of a nickel to a half dollar coin, sometimes bigger (weird comparison I know) that are there every time I go to change my pad or tampon (so basically every 45 minutes even with a super tampon). Is this normal? Or do I need to do something about it? Please help!!

Guide

Dear Harmony37

Thank you for your post.

It's normal to notice some clumps from time to time during your period. These are blood clots that may contain tissue. As the uterus sheds its lining, this tissue leaves the body as a natural part of the menstrual cycle. So clots of tissue are usually nothing to be concerned about.

Helena