I am 21 year old. I have planned to have sex with my boyfriend. But I should not get pregnant. Is condom only enough for safe sex? because I can't take any pills. Please suggest as I wish to have a more happier and safe sex

By April 30, 2015 - 4:30am

This is first time for both of us. so we need better guidance to do so. Also explain me the Emergency birth control and other methods of birth control for woman. As we are in India it is difficult to get pills from pharmacies without prescriptions. So please suggest me tablets which can be normally available. We need a pleasurable at the same time a very safe sex. Help me with your suggestions.

Thank you

Thank You very much Susan, Can you please also explain me what are the changes will appear both by posture and by internal after losing Virginity?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymoushelp)

There will be absolutely no difference inside or out due to losing your virginity. 

I suspect you have been exposed to a lot of old wives tales and uneducated "information" about a woman and her virginity. I know that India has a rather twisted view of women and their bodies and their rights. In fact, that's in pockets here even in the US. 

I invite you to look throughout our website for the real facts so that you'll know the science behind sex. 

Thank you very much Susan. Yeah you are right. I just need more knowledge about the science behind this. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER! 

You can read all about birth control options here: 

Condoms are an excellent choice. 

The key to not getting pregnant is to use birth control every single time you have sex - no exceptions. 

You need to do your own research about what is available in India. 

You can read about emergency birth control here but you should not need to take it if you use condoms every time: