Q: 

i am on diane 35 intake..on a 7 day break i got my periods on 5th day, my question is should i start taking diane 35 on the 3rd day of my periods ?

By Anonymous March 15, 2015 - 10:00am

Anonymous

Hello i finished taking my whole diane pill. Im supposed to stop for 7 days after that. My question is. Is it safe to have unsafe sex on that 7 days were im not taking any pills. I dont have my period yet. And im not sure if im going to have my period. Since i dont feel any signs yet. Just want to know if the 7 day off the pill is safe even though ur not taking any pills.

Hello Anon

Yes it's safe to have unprotected sex on your inactive pill week.

I see. So all in all as long as you follow the 21 days in take of pills no skip and at the same time. And then 7 days without the pill. Even if you have sex on that 7 days off pill without any signs of mens u are very safe??

Thank you for the answer...

Yes. Your doctor should have told you this when prescribing your pills.

These birth control pills follow the natural cycle - three weeks of prevention and then a week to allow for breakthrough bleeding (period). You are fully protected from pregnancy during these 7 days and you must begin your new back after that. The inactive pills are taken so you are reminded every day to take a pill.

Anonymous

Hello need some advice please. Im 30 y/o First time to take diane 35 and I thought I was the same with the other brand so I just used without reading the instruction. Tge problem is the pills has 21 tabs only but the cycle should be 28 and I just noticed late and I took continuously like I didnt took a 7 days off. Please help to understand what gonna be happen of being misused? Thanks a lot

Hello Anon

You should be fine - just keep taking your pill (you may skip your period as a result) and then take the 7 day inactive pills when you finish the pack. There is no additional pregnancy risk.

Anonymous

I have been taking diane 35 n I have finished my 1 pack dosage n started the next pack with only 3 days off ie 7 days of gap is not maintained.Is it dangerous? what should I do now?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If I understand correctly, you finished one pack of diane 35, did not take a pill for three days, and then started a new pack?

Why?

Reach out to your gynecologist for further advice.

Regards,

Anonymous

I'm on Ginette 35 and I'm also on the 7 day pill free part but I still haven't gotten my period .. What's going on with me ?

Guide

Hello and thank you for sharing your question.

You need to understand how to take the pill.  You need to take one pill a day around the same time of day until you finish the pack.  Then take 7 days off the pill.  During those 7 days you will have your period.  Start the next pack on the 8th day no matter whether or not you are still on your period.

You should have no problems if you take the pills as instructed for that kind of birth control.

Faith