I am having thick white discharge after taking Emergency Contraceptives, could I be pregnant?

By January 8, 2016 - 1:08am

I had unprotected sex on january 1 around 3 pm and took the EC around 8:45 pm and the second dose on january 2 8:45 am. Today is january 8 and I still haven't gotten my period yet but my next period is due on january 15 or above but i'm still paranoid. I have thick white discharge and turns to brown when dry and now I am still experiencing a thick white discharge. I've read it on some blogs and it is a sign of early pregnancy, could i possibly be pregnant or is this just a side effect of taking the ECs?

Hi kittenpuff

We cannot tell you for sure what's going on but you were right to take EC as you had unprotected sex during your fertile window and that is never a good idea.

Your discharge could be a side effect or a sign you're ovulating which would mean you are not pregnant.

EC is up to 95% effective when taken within 24 hours which is what you did so your risk is extremely low. Unfortunately now you'll just have to wait and see. If you don't get your period when expected, take a test but again, the risk is very low.