i fell on my breast and it really hurts, am i ok?

By October 14, 2016 - 6:44pm

So I fell in the bath over the side of the tub and landed directly onto my left breast, the pain was so severe I couldn't move my left arm I also have pretty small breasts so that could be a factor. This was two days ago, but the pain has been constant but still terrible. There is now bruising, but it feels like a bruise, and for the last three hours there's been a stabbing pain in my sternum that gets a lot worse when I breathe, could this be serious?

Hi Juliettefh!

Sounds like you had a really painful fall. You may be very bruised - this can cause a lot of pain and discomfort.

Since you feel a stabbing pain and have difficulty breathing at certain times, I think it's a good idea to call your health care provider.