I got my period after taking Plan B pills even though I just had my period 3 days before.

By Mybabyaiden August 12, 2009 - 9:20pm

My bf and I had unprotected sex right atfer I just ended my period I took plan B pills and the next day I got my period again even though I just had it 3 days earlier. But now I still haven't gotten my period. Is it possible that I'm just late?

Can anyone please help me? I'm thinking I'm just going to get my period really late. Or is it possible that I am pregnant? Answers asap please.

Anonymous

Hi! My period tends to be occur at the very end of the month, leading into the proceeding month. With that being said, I hadn't menstruated for the month yet, and was having intercourse when the condom broke. This was Jan. 16 at around 3am. I bought Plan B one step the next evening around 7pm. I started bleeding about two weeks later, on Feb. 1st. It was sort of heavy and the abdominal cramps were fairly bad. The bleeding has slowed down/almost stopped today, on Feb 3rd. Is this implantation bleeding? Thank you so much! (I'm a nursing student and should know this, but relaxing is a bit difficult right now)

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

This is your period, not implantation bleeding. Implantation bleeding is a few drops here and there and Plan B is up to 95% effective. This means you're not pregnant.

Anonymous

Hello,

I got my last period at the end of October. I had unprotected sex on November 27&28 but was unable to purchase the plan B pill until November 30. I had signs of period coming but have had a light brown discharge for the past 24 hours. Could this be implantation bleeding or just a side effect of the pill?

It sounds like you had sex right before your period was due - a generally safe time so there may have been no need for Plan B.

Side effects of Plan B include bleeding and it may have changed your normal cycle - again, another common side effect. This bleeding could also be the start of your period, we cannot say which is it. Give yourself few days and see what happens.

Anonymous

A few days after my period ended, I had sex and there were some issues with the condom. I am not currently on birth control and to be safe, I took the PlanB pill the next morning. Now, 5 days later, I started to have period-like bleeding again. It was enough to require multiple tampons throughout the day. I'm nearing the end of the second day of this "period" and I still need tampons, but it is lighter in flow.

Is this a side effect from the pill or implantation bleeding? I still have two weeks until the time my period usually shows up. I'm just not sure what is going on and after reading a bunch of conflicting things, I am worried. I know consulting my doctor is best but I was hoping for some insight beforehand.

I now have a birth control prescription, but was going to wait until my next, regular period came to start taking it when things hopefully become more regular.

This bleeding is a side effect of Plan B - in fact, it's a very common side effect and it nothing to worry about. Plan B is 90-95% effective when taken within 24 hours, I don't think pregnancy will be an issue for you.

Anonymous

I wrote on her back on December 11 after a condom break. I`m hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. The day after the condom break I started my period, but to be safe rather than sorry I went ahead and brought/took the generic brand of Plan B (Next Choice One Dose). My period is normally 4 days long but last month it lasted 7. Probably due to the pill. But this month I have yet to get my period. I have taken a sensitive pregnancy test and got back a negative. I`m panicking and need some answers. Anything is better than not knowing what`s going on. Thanks.

The answer is your period is likely delayed due to taking Plan B when there was no need. Why would you take it "just to be safe" when you got your period? Learn about Plan B and how and when to take it.  There is nothing to panic about - your period will be along in due time. 

Anonymous

How many days after your first day of period you took the pill? I think, lower cramps in your abdomen is just a normal effect of he pill.

I took the pill the next day n than I start bleeding light for like 3days n than really heavy with blood clots for 2weeks so 13 days what is this mean ??

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :