ask: I got my period after taking Plan B pills even though I just had my period 3 days before.

My bf and I had unprotected sex right atfer I just ended my period I took plan B pills and the next day I got my period again even though I just had it 3 days earlier. But now I still haven't gotten my period. Is it possible that I'm just late?

Can anyone please help me? I'm thinking I'm just going to get my period really late. Or is it possible that I am pregnant? Answers asap please.

Anonymous

I wrote on her back on December 11 after a condom break. I`m hoping someone can shed some light on my situation. The day after the condom break I started my period, but to be safe rather than sorry I went ahead and brought/took the generic brand of Plan B (Next Choice One Dose). My period is normally 4 days long but last month it lasted 7. Probably due to the pill. But this month I have yet to get my period. I have taken a sensitive pregnancy test and got back a negative. I`m panicking and need some answers. Anything is better than not knowing what`s going on. Thanks.

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The answer is your period is likely delayed due to taking Plan B when there was no need. Why would you take it "just to be safe" when you got your period? Learn about Plan B and how and when to take it.  There is nothing to panic about - your period will be along in due time. 

Anonymous

How many days after your first day of period you took the pill? I think, lower cramps in your abdomen is just a normal effect of he pill.

I took the pill the next day n than I start bleeding light for like 3days n than really heavy with blood clots for 2weeks so 13 days what is this mean ??

Anonymous

I'm having the same problem I took the pill the day after unprotected sex and couple days after I started bleeding really heavy and the blood is so red it doesn't look like normal period blood. I'm worried it's not normal to bleed that much... I'm not sure I'm nervous I'm getting cramps in my lower stomach.

Anonymous

Hi . Im worried, i had spotting last jan 11 just for an hour, then it didnt follow. My period started on the 15th with normal to heavy bleeding and ended on the 19th with spotting. I had contact on the 20th of january, and he came inside me. Do i need to take morning after pill, because Im bothered if i get pregnant. Thank you.

Since it was just day 5 of your cycle and the 5th day after your period started you should be fine. But it never hurts to be safe to take it if you are that worried!

Weve been doing that routine for more than a year now, every 5th to 7th day of my cycle, he is releasing inside me. But now, im little paranoid because im gonna work overseas and by last week of february, ill be leaving my country. Im just scared. I never take any after morning pills before. Is it safe for me that i have not given birth to take the pill

That's really so early in your cycle you should be fine. But I don't know when you ovulate and sperm can live inside you for like a week (although very slim chance that long). Plan B is basically like 3 doses of birth control all in one pill. You might have bleeding a week after you take it and it might mess up your cycle for this month but I haven't heard of it affecting anything else in regards to getting pregnant later. Just read side effects... I bled 5 days after I took it just like a period. Good luck!

Thank you Anonymous for your time to reply. But If I want to take the pill, Nordette pill specifically, im willing to risk my normal cycle just to make very very sure. Is that safe for me? Im really worried if i ovulate earlier now, then the sperm still alive, ill get the chance becoming pregnant. Thoigh, were doing this routine more than a year. Im just lil scared taking this pill because its my very very first time.

Have you joined the IUD trend? What kind of birth control do you use? :