ask: I got my period after taking Plan B pills even though I just had my period 3 days before.

My bf and I had unprotected sex right atfer I just ended my period I took plan B pills and the next day I got my period again even though I just had it 3 days earlier. But now I still haven't gotten my period. Is it possible that I'm just late?

Can anyone please help me? I'm thinking I'm just going to get my period really late. Or is it possible that I am pregnant? Answers asap please.

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex the day after my period ended. I took plan B the next afternoon. A week later I started bleeding like I was on my period, but it only lasted 3 days. The first day was very heavy though. Is there a chance that it could be spotting and I'm pregnant?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

It doesn't sound like you are pregnant. The bleeding sounds like a common side effect of taking Plan B - this is actually quite normal. 

You can take a pregnancy test in a few days to make sure but your risk is very low. 

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex on the last day of my period. My bf did not ejaculate in me but for safety precautions I took plan b one step 12-13 hours later. I quit bleeding the day after sex which it being so close to the end of my cycle I was not to worried about stopping. About 4 days after taking the pill I experienced some light bleeding and the blood is bright red. I'm having normal pms pains but still worried. Should I be or is this normal?

Yes this is normal -a side effect from taking Plan B. You should be protected from pregnancy but if you don't get your next period when expected, you can take a test to be sure. Just remember that your next period may be a bit irregular due to Plan B - another side effect. Your pregnancy risk is very low though. We can't guarantee anything but  I don't think you have much to worry about.

Ok. Thank you! I'm Irregular as is it anyways and so I will just take a test to be sure! Thanks again!

Anonymous

My last period was October 23-26. I had unprotected sex on November 12, he came inside me, and so I took plan b the next morning. 6 days later, I experienced light bleeding that was light pink/brown and lasted for three days (11/18-11/21). Was that my period or could I be pregnant? Next month's Period is supposed to come around December 12th.

-L

Anonymous

Hi I had sex on November 16th and the condom broke. A few hours later I took plan b. On November 18th that Monday my period came (mind you that it was supposed to come on or around that day as scheduled) my period was really heavy and lasted a few days longer than it usually does. But I heard that is a cmmon side effect of plan b. Am I okay ?

Anonymous

Hello,

I took plan b and got my period the next week and then the next week I unexpectedly had to take plan b again and got my period again within that week (periods were two weeks apart). I know that it is really bad to take plan b so close together but after that I have had a really bad acne flare up (read that this is normal with plan b?) and this may be unrelated but my lower stomach feels really bloated. Is this all kinda normal for taking plan b so close together?

It could be normal - yes. Plan B (especially taken twice in close succession) is a very high dose of hormones and therefore can have side effects like bleeding or bloating - but bloating can be a sign your period could be coming in the next week or so. Because you have taken Plan B twice like this, it'll be hard to know when you next real period will start - you'll just have to wait it out.

Anonymous

Hi

If I got my period about a week after taking plan b (it was a lighter period than normal) does this 100% mean that I am not pregnant?

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: