ask: I got my period after taking Plan B pills even though I just had my period 3 days before.

By Mybabyaiden

My bf and I had unprotected sex right atfer I just ended my period I took plan B pills and the next day I got my period again even though I just had it 3 days earlier. But now I still haven't gotten my period. Is it possible that I'm just late?

Can anyone please help me? I'm thinking I'm just going to get my period really late. Or is it possible that I am pregnant? Answers asap please.

Anonymous

i had unprotected sex with my fiancé on November 9th, and he let loose unexpectedly. so i took the pill 2 days later the 11th. i got my period or what i think is my period on the 19th. i wasn't supposed to get it until the 28th it came 9 days early. is that normal? will I be getting it again the 28th? I' overly concerned

Anonymous

I got my period on November 5th and I had unprotected sex on November 12th. I took the plan B on November 13th
Today which is November 15th I got my period again
Is this normal? I would appreciate it if you can reply to this matter
Thank you

Anonymous

So I'm on the pill. I had unprotected sex with my bf and took a plan B just to be safe since he came in me. I started my period the normal day a few days after having unprotected sex. But after I ended my period I started it again 2 days after. I had sex after the two days of ending it and the following morning I was bleeding again like if it was my period. I did have cramping. Could I be pregnant?

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I am glad you came to us with your question about possibly being pregnant.

No, you are not pregnant.

You begin by posting that you are on the pill. I assume you mean you take a daily oral contraceptive. If so, then you are protected against pregnancy.

There was no need to take Plan B. In your attempt to be safe, you actually caused yourself harm. By taking an emergency contraceptive, which contains the same synthetic hormone found in your birth control pills, you overdosed and upset the delicate hormonal balance that controls your menstrual cycle.

The vaginal bleeding is the result of taking Plan B and confirms you are not pregnant.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi. I took plan b last Monday after having unprotected sex. And then got my period the next day (Tuesday). I had sex again yesterday (also unprotected though he did not ejaculate in me) thinking that my period was over and started bleeding again today. I'm wondering if I should take plan b again just to be on the safe side?

Thank you for your question.

Please, do not take another dose of Plan B. The vaginal bleeding you experienced the next day after taking the emergency contraceptive means it was effective or your period was due.

If you are continuing to have vaginal bleeding, it means you are not pregnant.

Never take an emergency contraceptive more than once in a one month period. Plan B is intended to be used only in an emergency and not to be used as a regular form of birth control.

I urge you to find a form of birth control that will work best for you. Take a look at this article, "Choosing the Right Birth Control for You"
http://www.empowher.com/birth-control/content/choosing-right-birth-contr...

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi I had unprotected sex with my bf Oct 27 & he came inside me so I took plan b 15-20 mins after. I had weird symptoms for a few days but I think it was bc of the pill. I got my period a week early on Nov 5 but only lasted 3 days with very light bleeding & not much cramps. It was nothing like my normal period tho so I decided to take a test and came out negative.. Today is Nov 17 & I am experiencing weird symptoms is it possible that I am pregnant? Please help!!

Some women experience changes in their menstrual cycles as a side effect of an emergency contraceptive. The next period may start earlier or later than normal, and flow can be lighter or heavier than normal.

I doubt that you are pregnant, unless you have had unprotected sex since November 8.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took the plan b less than two hours of noticing the condom broke on November 7. I Haven't been on birth control for a year. I have not received any bleeding after I took the pill. My usual period comes on the 19th. I've been very worried and stressed thinking the possibilities. Is it not good signs that I haven't experienced bleeding after taking the pill? What should I do? When's the soonest to take a test?

If you do not have vaginal bleeding within three weeks of taking Plan B, then test for pregnancy.

Regards,

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?:

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window