ask: I got my period after taking Plan B pills even though I just had my period 3 days before.

By Mybabyaiden

My bf and I had unprotected sex right atfer I just ended my period I took plan B pills and the next day I got my period again even though I just had it 3 days earlier. But now I still haven't gotten my period. Is it possible that I'm just late?

Can anyone please help me? I'm thinking I'm just going to get my period really late. Or is it possible that I am pregnant? Answers asap please.

Anonymous

I had sex with my boyfriend on the 30th of september and I took the plan bill on the same day about 2 hours after the intercourse and bled on the 5th of october. On the 6th of october(the next day), while still bleeding, I had sex with my boyfriend again. I got my last period on the 25th of september and today (october 21), I am lightly bleeding. Am I bleeding because of implantation or is this my period and its light because of the side effects of plan b pill.

sera

I would like to share my experience with everyone who are going through the same thing and are worried. Please read it, even though its long.
I had a protected sex with my boyfriend on the 10th day of my period but due to the condom slip up,we decided to take an emergency contraceptive (I pill). I took it in 3 hrs of the incident. 4 days after taking the pill I started to bleed like a normal period for 3-4 days. But I had just had my period 14 days ago and there was still about 2 weeks for my next period. My expected period was not arriving and I was stressed. But fortunately I got it today,8 days later than the expected one.
1. So girls don't worry if you have taken the contraceptive within 72 hrs as directed. But the sooner the more effective it is. If your periods are delayed then its most likely because of the pills,so don't stress over it. Stress can delay your period.
2. Emergency contraceptives are for emergencies,not for every time you have an unprotected sex. Its a bad idea. Better use protection while having sex because its a no guarantee that you won't get pregnant after taking the contraceptives. You might run out of your luck if you keep on having unprotected sex and pop in a pill afterwards. Its not a wise thing to do.
3. Emergency contraceptives are of high dose of hormones and is dangerous if taken frequently. It should never be taken more than 2 times a year. As it contains a large dose of hormones, it can mess up your system badly. Its only for emergencies, don't use it as a means of birth control. It really can affect your fertility. So be safe than sorry.
I hope you all take it positively because a moment of mistake can ruin your life.

Anonymous

This recently happened to me, I took the plan B well within 24 hours after sex exactly as instructed. I had finished my period five days beforehand. I started my period again and it ran as long as a regular period. I didn't have any other warning signs until about five weeks later when I started vomiting regularly. This went on for about three weeks more before I finally went to the doctor and had a pregnancy test. It came up positive. I was eight weeks pregnant. Trust me, Plan B is not as effective as it promises.

Anonymous

Hi,

I have been getting my periods on the 6th of every month. I had sex with my guy on 14th and immediately took a birth control pill. I got my period in 4 days i.e. on 18th. It continued for 3 days. On the last day i.e 21st I again had sex with my guy thinking that it was safe. I did not take any pill then. I am worried that I am pregnant. The reason being if I consider 6th as the date when I get periods; i might have been ovulating on 21st (when I had sex). Please help.

Pregnancy isn't something to leave to chance. It's something very very serious. If you're sexually active you should be using a form of birth control. If you're taking a morning after pill you should be aware of how it works and how it will affect you. The morning after pill will totally change the cycle of you period depending on when you take the pill, and is encouraged to only be used two times a year as an emergency contraceptive. If you took no precaution after your last intercourse then you have a chance of becoming pregnant, as with virtually any time you have sex. You should remain calm! At this point it is out of your hands. Listen to your body, and wait about a month for your next period which could come anytime due to you taking the plan b pill. It's a long time to hold out, I know, but unless you want to go to the doctor or take a pregnancy test two weeks after your intercourse, stay calm and wait. Stress will prolong your period. Be safe next time! Condoms are the most accessible form of birth control. You can talk to your doctor about a more reliable form of birth control, pills, shots, iud. Use this as a live and learn experience for the future.

Anonymous

Last day on my period was the 14th of august then on the 16th took plan b pill , today the 22nd started bleeding also have cramps.
Ive taken the pill before but never bleed , is this something i should worry ????????????? :(

Honestly, it's hard to stay calm when it's something this serious. I really understand. However, I've been in your place. I've taken the pill twice, the first time everything went perfect. I got my period on time and it was my normal flow as was the next months. Recently though, I had to take plan b again. I ended up getting my period 2 weeks early and my period lasted for 14 days. Yes. 14. I was absolutely tore up. This was not like me at all. I had never had this happen. Then, after that the next month my period was 15 days late with severe cramps and bloating. My point being, plan b works really well if taken directly. If you take it in the first 24 hours it's 98% effective. Theoretically 20 out of 1000 people may still get pregnant after taking plan b. stay calm my friend. There are a lot that play into fertilizing an egg.

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

The bleeding is because you took Plan B two days after you finished your period.

The menstrual cycle is controlled by a balance of hormones. An emergency contraceptive like Plan B contains synthetic hormones. You upset the natural balance by taking a man made hormone when you did not need to.

Please do not take the pill but use another form of birth control. It may take one to two months for your body to return to normal.

Regards,

Anonymous

I took plan B after having sex with my boyfriend and I have taken it before or the same reason. The first time I took it, I got my period 6 days early and it seemed lighter than usual but remained normal after and lasted the usual 7 days. However, after taking it this time my period came 1 day early and also seemed lighter than usual but has lasted 10 days with slight cramping. Is that normal??

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no real 'normal" when it comes to Plan B because the side effects (irregular bleeding/light periods/heavy bleeding) affect different women in different ways. 

Cramping is normal during a period and you may have had prolonged bleeding as a side effect. 

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: