I got my period on june 7th and I haven't gotten my period. I took two pregnancy tests and they both say negative. any thoughts?

i got my period july 7 its august 11 is that normal?

(reply to Anonymous)

Anon, that's perhaps not "normal" for you, but it's very, very common to occasionally be a week or even 10 days late. What is your normal cycle? Are you under any stress? Stress is enough of a factor that it alone can make your period be that late. Also such things as a change in your world, a change in your level of activity, your diet, a medicine, etc. If you've had any of these changes in the last couple of months, that can be enough to make your hormones react and a period be late. I wouldn't worry if I were you until you were a few days later. Also, did you have unprotected sex around your time of ovulation? (On a perfect 28-day cycle, that would probably be around days 12-13).

If your tests are negative, then you are probably just a bit late. Give it a few more days and test again if your period doesn't arrive. You are only 3 days late right now (and that's going by a perfect 28 day cycle) so don't worry yet.

Are you using birth control?