ask: I had a 3 day period last month and now I am 37 days into my cycle could I be pregnant?

By ajclynch

I started my period on 4-20-09, it only lasted 3 days, which is not completely out of the norm for me, but it has been 37 days now since the first day of my period. My husband and I had sex on 4-30-09. I have taken a HPT but it came back negative and I was just wondering if I could be pregnant and I just took the HPT to soon? I have been more tired than my norm lately.

Anonymous

QUESTION: So i had a cycle two days after the mirena was taken out started my cycle the 15th of Aug, very little on the 16th to mostly no cycle intercourse had happened on that day, then my next intercourse moment was the 27th of august, then today sept 3rd could i be pregnant????

Anonymous

my period comes every 28days and normally last for 3-4days but last month my period was 6days late and only lasted for 1 day while this month my period was due on the 16th and i still havent got it

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

If you have been having unprotected sex, test for pregnancy. If not, contact your doctor to see if some kind of hormonal imbalance in the issue.

~Susan

Anonymous

hi my name is Usha.i got my last periods sep-29, today Nov-07 till now i didn't get my periods,actually we are trying to conceive..but today i did HPT but its came negetive results..and from the past two days onwards iam having lower back pain & upper hip also pain as well as.give me any sugessions..iam waiting for response.
Thank you.

Hi Usha

If you are trying to get pregnant then being this late for your period is a good sign! However, your negative pregnancy test, if taken correctly, means you're likely not pregnant. Are you sure you took it correctly and did you look at the result very carefully? Some lines can be so faint they are accidentally read as a negative.

I'm not sure why you would be having hip pain unless you bumped into something or perhaps have some arthritic pain going on? Is that possible? Your lower back pain could also be due to anything really, from PMS to bad posture to innumerable conditions.

I would give yourself another few days and retest. Are you normally very regular with your cycle or are you sometimes late? Please give us an update when you can!
~Susan

Hi susan thank you for your reply..actually hip pain in the sense not exactly hip it's lower back pain.that is little painy from 4-5 days onwards.i did my HPT with dollar shop kit.really i dont know iam pergnent or not,but around my nipples it becomes dark and breast also tendered little.and one more thing is my periods are 1 month it will come 28 days and next month it will come 32-34 days.again next month it will come in 28 days..alternatively it will come delay, not every month delay.and my body temperature also little high.give me your response ASAP.Thank you.

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

A HPT, even from a dollar store, meets the same testing standards, so should be fine. Susan was suggesting that you can retest if you think you may not have taken the test as directed, or if you are unsure of the results.

Why are you taking your body temperature (I assume basal body temperature?); are you trying to conceive?

Anonymous

hi my name is usha...we planning for baby..but my periods will come one month 28-30 days ,and next month it will come 34-37 days... means in between i will get my periods.and again next3 rd time i will get during 28-30 days...again next month 4 th time i will get during 34-37 days ....i don't know why it will play with me...i was checked thairoide also ....no thairiode for me....i was disappointed so many times ...what is the reasons for my periods. thank you

Hi usha,

It seems that you have very irregular periods in general which does make it hard to plan for a baby. Unfortunately, one of the best ways to regulate one's period is to go on the birth control pill but of course, this prevents pregnancy. However, some women do it for three months and find that their period regulates long enough to make getting pregnant much easier. Talk to your doctor about this.

Also, how often are you having sex? Make sure you are having sex at least every other day from day 9 of your cycle every month to day 28 or thereabouts. I know that feels like a bit of pressure but it's always difficult when someone has periods that are irregular like this.

What do you think of my suggestions?

I hope to hear back from you soon!

~Susan

Anonymous

Thank you for your question. If you had a period and took a pregnancy test, you should be safe that you are not pregnant. Are you trying to get pregnant? If not, you should really concern yourself with some sort of birth control method or at the least use condoms.
Since you actually had a period, there is nothing you should do at this time. Sometimes periods can be irregular at times especially when you’re in your teens and 20s. This is just common. If you are concerned, make a doctor’s appointment just to be sure. I hope this helps.
Melissa

Do you support the idea of a single woman using In Vitro Fertilization to have a baby?: