Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

I had a car accident couple years ago,and ever since have had back pain,i've had to change my job to a cleaner,but even that is hurting my back,what do i do??I'm stuggling :(

By Anonymous October 6, 2010 - 7:06am
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Hi Anon

As a fellow back pain sufferer myself, I can really empathize with you. And if you are working as a cleaner, which is often called "back-breaking" work, you may be doing your back even more harm.

When you had your accident, did you have any claim to insurance, worker's comp or anything like that? You may be able to get some kind of assistance in this but I think you may need some legal help with that. Check with whomever treated you back then and the paperwork regarding your injuries and coverage. I don't know what can be done after two years but there may be something if your current injuries can be linked to the accident.

You need to see a doctor about this and you may need a referral to a specialty clinic. Are you in a position to do this? I hope to hear back from you soon-

October 6, 2010 - 12:23pm
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.

Low Back Pain

Get Email Updates

Related Topics

Low Back Pain Guide

Have a question? We're here to help. Ask the Community.


Health Newsletter

Receive the latest and greatest in women's health and wellness from EmpowHER - for free!