Pregnancy Guide

ask: i had my period two times this month, its never happened before. could i be pregnant?

By lokita

i had my period twice last month the first period was on schedule (started on may 7 ended on may 13-14) and lasted about 5-6 days which is normal about two weeks later i had some spotting (which i never had before)then i started my period again (started may 27 ended may 30-31) however this one only lasted about 3-4 days. in between periods i had unprotected sex several times with my boyfriend. i havent got my period again and it is june 7. could i be pregnant?

Anonymous

hi I'am 22 years old n I never had my period 2times a month berofe that I had sex several times with my boyfriend and I used birth control pill is that the region for this

Anonymous

I hav my periods twice a month ( 15 to 22 then 29 to still continue), I didnt hav any intercourse with anyone. i m in a big tension .... ths nvr happen before...... i m a little afraid too plz HELP me

kiranbhatia23

hi!!i am kiran..pllzzz help me..i had my second period in one month...first i had my period on 7th may....and lasts for 9-10 may...we had an unprotected sex on 15, 16,19, 20...now again i got my periods on 23rd may..as i am under doctors supervision..i am on ovacare forte, progynova for 14 days and letovol for 10 days..i wanted to get pregnant....is she guiding me on right.?plzz tell me...i want help!!!!!!!

Anonymous

I haven seen my pride in a year and some mouth can any one help me out with his problems I am haven I am 29 go wing on 30 year old I want to know what is wrong with me

Diane Porter (reply to Anonymous)

Anon,

You are having amenorrhea, or a lack of menstrual periods.

Can you give us a few more specifics about your situation?

You say you haven't had a period in more than a year, correct?

Are you extremely overweight or underweight?

Do you have any other medical conditions?

Have you seen a doctor about your lack of periods?

Are you on birth control pills? Can you tell us all of the medications you are on?

Are you breastfeeding a child?

Have you ever had your thyroid looked at?

Do you exercise a lot?

Have you had children? Uterine fibroids? Endometriosis?

If you'll get back to us and answer these questions we'll do a much better job of helping you figure out what might be going on.

Anonymous

i did sex with my boyfriend and got my period again in a mnth...its was firstly on 19 feb and after dat it was on 8 march...
nd i did sex on 8 morning...
m so worried abt it?plz help me...?
could i be pregnant if i have me irregular period

Alison Beaver (reply to Anonymous)

I'm confused by the information in your question, but hopefully this will help:

1. If you have had periods AFTER you had sex, than you are not pregnant. It is the absence of a period that can indicate a pregnancy. It does not matter if your period is different from one cycle to the next (lighter, heavier, longer cycle, shorter cycle), but if you are having a period, you are not pregnant from the previous sexual "encounter".

2. Anytime you have unprotected sex, you have a risk of pregnancy. The more times you have unprotected sex (not using a condom), your risk increases.

I hope you do not continue chancing fate with having unprotected sex, if you are not ready for the possibility of being pregnant. We can help you find a good type of birth control for you, so you do not worry each time if you are pregnant or not!

123221

hi im 17ages old n i never had my period two times a mouth i never had this ... first my period start august 29 to sep. 5 than again start sep14 to 21 and 30 to this time...
in between 4september periods i had unprotected sex several times with my boyfriend.
can i pregnant. plz help me plz.............

Alison Beaver (reply to 123221)

123221,

I noticed that another EmpowHer guide was able to answer this question at this discussion thread: Can I Be Pregnant; Please Help Me.

I wanted to let you know that menstrual bleeding is not an indicator of a viable pregnancy. A sign of pregnancy is actually the absence of bleeding, so as Diane said...your abnormal periods are caused by something else.

Since you have had three periods in one month, this is considered "abnormal bleeding" which is common for many women, but does need to be checked out by your gynecologist or family doctor. Since you are 17 years old, your family doctor can refer you to a specialist (a gynecologist) to perform an exam to make sure everything is working okay.

Let us know if you need any help with finding a doctor, or if you would like more information at what to expect at the doctor's office!

Also..going to the gynecologist is helpful, since you are having unprotected sex with your boyfriend and absolutely do not want to be pregnant...your doctor can talk with you about your options to have protected sex, so you won't worry about your chances of pregnancy in the future. That would be a relief, right?!

stubbsden29

Can any one help me I havening seen my period in nine mouthe . and I am 29 year old I went to the docter and waiteing for her to call me about it and she haveing call me yet

Pregnant? Where do you get your information and support about pregnancy and delivery? :