Q: 

I had sex 3 days before my due date of periods.It's delayed & I took pregnancy test a week after i missed my period but the result was negative. But i am 8 days late now. I am suffering from thyroid & a lot of times my periods get irregular. Am confused.

By April 29, 2010 - 3:17pm

Anonymous

Hi, I had sex on the weekend April 13-16 and was supposed to get my period on the same days. I have a fairly regular cycle of 31 days so my period should have arrived that weekend. I used a PT last April 24 (12 days late) and April 28 (16 days late) and both were negative. Can I still be pregnant or is my cycle just off?

March 12 Last Period
April 7-16 Traveling Overseas
April 13-16 Protected Sex
April 24 Negative PT
April 26 Negative PT

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Traveling could have an affect your monthly period because your normal routine is disrupted, even though it’s a temporary occurrence.

You could have problems such as delayed and missed periods because of stress, eating habits and more since the menstrual cycle hormones can be very sensitive to new things.

International travel will have a greater effect.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi-
I had sex the day my period was due! And my husband did cum inside of me twice that morning!!! I know it's naughty-seeing as we already have 5 kids, with our youngest being 8 months old!!!
I still haven't come on my period and I am now 5 days late and I am regular as clockwork, every 28 days without fail! I haven't been ill or stressed! And I don't even feel like I am going to come on my period either! Is there any chance I could be pregnant? Please help! Kitty x

Hello

Sex right before a period is due doesn't usually result in pregnancy since you wouldn't be ovulating unless your cycle was irregular for some reason that's unknown. You can test about 14 days after sex.

Anonymous

I had sex April 22 and my last period was I think March 23. I usually have an irregular menstruation. It's either early or late. I experience pain in my boobs and stomach cramps. Is there a possibility I am pregnant?

Hello Anon

Anytime you have unprotected sex you can get pregnant, especially if you are irregular.

Anonymous

Hello I had unprotected sex 2 days before my period was due, my partner pulled out way before he ejaculated. I am now 4 days late, I have been stressing weeks prior to my period? I need help?

Anonymous

my last period was feb 28...according to my menstrual app i should have my period between march29-april11 but i did not...i had been in a lot of stress during that week so i assumed that could be the reason of the delay. Then i had sex on april 13th and april 15th. I already had a delayed menstruation before having sex, what's the likelihood that i can get pregnant?? i've been using the menstrual app for 3 years and my menstrual cycle pattern is regular in 36-40 days cycle.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Prolonged emotional stress can cause a delay in your period as well as a missed period.

The affect of stress on the menstrual cycle can affect ovulation.

Consider taking an early response pregnancy test. For the most accurate result, test in the morning. Use the urine when you wake up and first use the bathroom.

Keep us updated,

Anonymous

Hi my last period was the 18th march I had sex quite a few times through my fertile window. I have a 29 day cycle. I was a day late and started spotting yesterday I thought it was the start of my af but same again today. I am having cramps mainly on my left side but they aren't unbearable. Could i be pregnant?