I had sex the first day of ovulation, took plan B that same evening, then had sex again the next day. That was almost 2 weeks ago and I have been having lower abdominal cramping since I have take it. Is that normal?

By May 19, 2016 - 2:42am

The cramps I have been having aren't light, they are uncomfortable and painful but not painful to where I'm curled up and crying. (I have ovarian cyst so I am used to terrible cramps) what would you recommend?

Hi Bugslife!

I would genuinely recommend you stop having unprotected sex if you want to avoid pregnancy. Depending on emergency contraception while having sex during ovulation isn't responsible. EC is up to 95% effective so your risk is low but you also had sex the next day too which means your pregnancy risk is now slightly higher. Why not use a condom?

Your symptoms are likely a by-product of taking EC - this is a normal side effect.

Your next period may be delayed however, it could be in the next few days or in a week or two - another side effect.