I had sex with my boyfriend today, and I started bleeding...?

By October 29, 2009 - 2:49pm

This has never happened before. The bleeding stopped after we had sex, and only lasted during the actual sex. There wasn't a whole lot of blood. What could have caused this?

Wasn't the first time...Been having sex for about 2 years...I'm on Seasonique birth control and have been spotting for the last couple days, but not much at all. Shouldn't have my period for another month.

Dear chillintherain

Thanks so much for your question!

You may have needed more lubricant. Some women find that the friction causes them to bleed a little if they don't have sufficient lubrication.

If you have been on Seasonique for this long, it's probably not your birth control but our body chemistry does change over time and you may be having a reaction to the pill now, even though it has been fine before.

If you are not due for your period for another month, the spotting you've been having for the last couple of days may be residue from the period you've just had.

Have you had a recent pap test?