I had sex without protection, i took the day after pill like 20 hours after, is normal that my period did not came back?

By January 6, 2015 - 8:42pm

Here is the situation, once i did it like that and i took the pill and my bleed came back again like 24 hours later, im worried because its over 36 hours and i dont have my bleeding just as before. (SOMETHING TO MENTION IS THAT I HAD MY LAST PERIOD 2 DAYS AGO).
Is that normal?

Hi question123,

The emergency contraceptive pill is likely to have affected your period. It is a huge dose of hormones, used to prevent pregnancy and usually affects the menstrual cycle so this is not unusual. 

Your next period may be affected too but pregnancy probably won't be the cause - it's the emergency contraception. I don't think you have anything to worry about.