I have had a odd period pattern

By October 4, 2016 - 7:04pm

I am always on time and regular with my period never late never shorter then 4 days.
In august i was sexually active on my "fertile" as i keep track on my period tracker app that has always been right with my times of expected period.
In september my period was 3 days late. I took a test and came back nagitive. This month (october) i was 1 day late and only had my period 2 days... And ideas?

Hi Hershe!

Periods are generally 3-7 days long with a cycle of between 21-35 days so as you can see there is a big "average" there.

Life can also change our cycles - anything from lifestyle changes to stress to getting older to diet/exercise, medications and hormone changes can affect our cycle. You will probably settle back down to a regular cycle and it could last for years. Then you might see changes again.

So our cycle at 13 is different to 18 and our cycles at 30 are different at 45. The body never changes so our cycles are the same way.
I hope this helps to ease your mind. Feel free to mention this to your doctor on your next visit if you still have worries.