Nail Ridges

Nail Ridges Guide

ask: I have recently discovered dents (or ridges) in my fingernails. What does this mean?

I have dents on all of my fingernails except one. They did not used to be there! What is wrong? I am taking vitamins, and I believe I am relatively healthy. I am 19.

Anonymous

I have really weird ridges in my nails and it started in my thumb than out started to become in all My finger nail. It's like 5
of them i have .no o idea what it is and it Looks disgusting

I have the same thing!!

Anonymous

I got the dents when I started taking Pro gene a testserone enhancing over the country supplement they have grown to the tops of my fingers. Now I have stronger more healthier nails. ???????

Anonymous

Most of the time it is a calcium or protein deficiency.

Anonymous

I have kidney stones and before I knew what was wrong and they started moving, and the pain came.. BOTH times (years apart)... I developed dents in my thumbnails first (2nd time was all my fingernails). I believe that your fingernails can tell you when something is wrong in your body.

Anonymous

hi dear.........
Don't worry about that because These ridges may indicate poor health of the nails.Please take organic vitamins........
Did you look at our page on nail ridges?
http://www.ridgesinfingernails.org/

Anonymous

Omg uguys are slow im going to my beauty doctor uuhhuh,

Rosa Cabrera RN (reply to Anonymous)

Please see a dermatologist-- you cannot just get rid of the lines and there is usually an underlying reason for them. Since you were wearing nail polish, you may have accidentally damaged your nail bed without realizing it since it isn't necessarily painful all the time.

Anonymous

Nopp i dontt have any of these things!! Theyy just appeared after taking nail polish off.. Its soo ugly!! Is there any way i can get rid of themm?? :'(

Anonymous

Aaaaah help me!! I ot all ugly horizontal dents only on my thumbs,, with like white horizontal stripea uuurgh what are they help help

Did you know that your Internet Browser is out of date?

We're sorry to inform you that you're using a really old web browser and we are unable to support it anymore. A list of the most popular web browsers can be found below. -The EmpowHER Development Team

By closing this window, you acknowledge your experience on this website may be degraded

Close this window