I missed my birth control for 16 days. Could I be pregnant?

By Anonymous December 16, 2015 - 5:10pm

I lost my birth control for 16 days (so I couldn't take them) then had unprotected sex with my boyfriend. How possible is it for me to end up pregnant?

Yes, it's certainly possible to get pregnant if you are not taking your pills are prescribed. If you take one every day to avoid pregnancy then common sense will tell you that not taking them for 16 days could result in pregnancy.

You need to start a fresh pack and use condoms for at least 7 days. We cannot tell you the extend of your risk but you do have an increased chance of pregnancy. You can test 21 days after sex if you don't get your period.