I recently had a complete hysterectomy

I recently had a complete hysterectomy and now I am growing a mustache. My skin is extremely dry and flakes. What products do I use to help in both of these issues?

Welcome to empowHER. I am so glad you reached out to our community for help. I can appreciate how disturbing and uncomfortable these post-op symptoms are.

Anonymous, was this an extended or radical hysterectomy? This involves removal of the womb, tubes and ovaries, and the upper part of the vagina. If the ovaries are removed, you no longer produces the female sex hormone, estrogen and progesterone. This would explain the development of a mustache and dry, flakey skin.

The condition, known as hirsutism, occurs when there is an imbalance between the amount of androgens, or male hormones, and estrogen in the blood system. Some postoperative women are treated with hormone replacement therapy.

Have you spoken with your gynecologist? Has hormone replacement therapy been suggested?

Would you consider using a depilatory or consulting an electrologist for removal of the unwanted facial hair? Have you tried over the counter lotions or creams for dry, flaking skin?

You are not alone. Check out the comments on:
"Dry Skin after a Complete Hysterectomy"

Keep in touch,