i want to know if i am pregnant.

By March 13, 2010 - 5:05am

I want to know I could be pregnant. I supposedly started my period on February 21. I say supposedly because I started to get some brown discharge the day before I started on my period. Then the day of my period I was still having the brown discharge, then I started bleeding after that it was not heavy bleeding like I usually get. The following day I was just spotting, and then more brown discharge. Then through out the day it just stopped and I was not having the brown discharge anymore. On March 2 me and my husband had intercourse. He left out of town and got back yesterday, well we had intercourse last night and when he pulled out I had light pink blood come out. My husband told me that he felt something moist and it did not feel like the kind of moistness when u get wet. Then he asked me if I was on my period I told him no,I said that I am suppose to start my period in about 2 weeks. Could I be pregnant? This has never happened to me.

Dear Vanguel,

It does seem like you have had a strange month, in terms of your period. If the period you had was just spotting or brown discharge, then it may not have been your period at all. However, the fact that you did have one day of regular bleeding would make things slightly more normal.

Bleeding when not on your period is not normal, although sometimes it can simply mean a woman was not lubricated enough. It could also mean your period is starting again-at an irregular time of the month for you.

Only a pregnancy test can tell you if you are pregnant. If you are not, and you bleed during sex again, a visit to a health care provider is a good idea, in order to eliminate any kind of infection or other issue that may be causing the bleeding.

We wish you the best!