i will be visiting my husband and i will be using postinor2 . how often do i have to take it for the 3 weeks i will be with my husband

By November 29, 2014 - 1:08pm

I will be visiting my husband in Ghana. and we have been planning about me using postinor2 for protection since we are not ready for a child now. so my question is do I have to take the pill whenever we had sex or how often do I have to take it ,because I will be there for 3 weeks.

Hi Accra

Thanks for your post. 

You don't use Postinor 2 when you are planning on 3 weeks of sexual activity. Doing this will cause an huge surge of hormones into your body and cause your cycle to become irregular, very heavy with potentially painful side effects for months. 

Postinor 2 is for when you DON"T plan, not for when you do! It is for emergencies only!  Using it potentially every day for 3 weeks would take an enormous toll on your reproductive system - do not do this. 

You need to go on regular birth control - the Pill - and start now so you are fully protected while you are there. Talk to your doctor.