Lung Infections

Lung Infections Guide

ask: If I need a second TB shot how long do I have to wait to get another one done?

I had a TB shot done but waited to long to have it checked now I have to redo it so how long do I ha e to wait to have it
redone?

Thanks so much for your question. When did you get the first test?

Generally you can go ahead and get the test done again now - there is no "waiting period" and remember to get it checked within 72 hours. However, a repeat test can sometimes affect the result so make sure you mention that you had a recent test. According to some sources, repeat testing can make one look like they have a positive result (or having a "booster" effect). If you are not American, the BCG vaccination can do the same thing.

Evie (reply to Susan Cody)

I had it done on 12-5-09 and went back on 12-12-09 to have it
checked and was told I waited to long , now I have to wait two weeks to have it redone again

Did you know that, without a booster shot, you could contract whooping cough?: