If I want to delay my period for 2 weeks, and i'm on BCP, can I safely do so by stopping for 2 weeks...

By April 29, 2016 - 11:37am

When i finish my current BCP pack, is it safe for me to stop taking bcp for 2 weeks then start back up on a new pack?
I'm going on vacation and trying to delay my period.

HI SammyJ

Stopping your pills will not stop your period - in fact, it could extend it since the Pill keeps periods short. You will also risk pregnancy if you don't use condoms.

Your best bet is to skip the placebo pills and start a fresh pack right the day after your last active pill. This will likely prevent your breakthrough bleeding from happening at all.