Cosmetics

ask: If you do not take off your eye makeup every night, what eye infections are you at risk for?

By Shana O'Connor Guide Blogger

I often leave mascara or eye linear on when I go to bed, there is no rhyme or reason for this other than pure laziness. I always fully take it off the next morning before reapplying.

What problems do I face for not removing my eye makeup each night?

Anonymous

If you do not remove your eye makeup at night when you go to bed, then you can get red itchy eyes and it hurts really bad. Another thing is gunk can build up in your eyes and can cause pain in your eyes, i know all of this because it happened to me and it lasted for like a week.
I hope this info really helps! :)

Hi Shana

Taking eye makeup off every night is a very good idea!

Bacteria can form in eye makeup very quickly (one of the reasons that mascara should be discarded after 3-4 months, regardless of how much it left) and having that build up on your eyes over night isn't a good idea as infections can occur.

Eye makeup on all night can also cause itch and irritation the next day.

Keeping makeup on for 24 hours clogs your eyes and surrounded pores and also eliminates the odds that you will use a good night-time eye moisturizer on your eyes, if they are still made up at bed time.

Treat your eyes like the rest of your face and throat- cleanse, tone and moisturize every evening.

It also helps to avoid the Ricky Raccoon look in the morning ;)

So yes, Shana, clean your entire face every night and always moisturize.

Hope this helps!

What's Your Must-Have Beauty Product?: