I'm a 19 year female with no sec drive... HELP!

I'm a 19 year old female and I've had the same boyfriend for two years now. I've been on birth control for about 3 years now and I don't have periods at all because of how I take the pills. I used to have a high sex drive until I got a yeast infection and we stopped and ever since I just have no desire what so ever. Even when I had a high sex drive, after awhile it got to hurting so bad that we would have to stop. We haven't done anything in almost a year (horrible, I know) and it's ruining our relationship. I don't know what to do or how to go about fixing this. I'm not sure if it has something to do with my birth control or if it's something deeper. PLEASE HELP!

Thanks for your post and welcome!

You may have an issue with your hormones - I think it's important that you mention a complete lack of sex drive to your doctor as this isn't normal at your age (upon saying that, I didn't have a sex drive at 19 either although it didn't bother me at all as I wasn't dating and I'm not quite sure what "normal" is in this respect).

But it may be your birth control. What kind are you using? An IUD is a big culprit in this respect for some women but the Pill can be an issue too. 

Unfortunately you won't know unless you get off it and use condoms instead.  That is up to you. 

You should have your hormone levels checked and if you are on any other meds - look into possible side effects. 

If you think this could be an emotional thing then a therapist can help you think things through and work on what may be going on. 

Anon, we can't tell you what is going on - that will depend on various health tests and/or working with a therapist. 

I'm sure your boyfriend will be understanding that you are working on this. Will you let us know how things progress?

I am taking Loestrin Fe. As for my boyfriend, he has been very understanding although the longer it goes on the worse things get. But thank you for the advice! I appriciate it.