I'm 47. Is my nearsightedness improving with age?

A couple years ago I started getting headaches, which got better when i took off my glasses. When I had my eyes tested, the optometrist said that the glasses I had been wearing were too strong. I got a new prescription. But the last couple months, I am experiencing the same thing. Can it be that my myopia is improving and that I will need to adjust my prescription annually???

It could be that you are seeing improvement in your eyesight.

Some people - as they get older (generally over 40) begin to see improvement and it's thought to be due to a natural relaxation of the muscle in the eye called the ciliary muscle as well as good reading habits, not squinting and generally making sure you have good vision habits.

In fact, near sightedness can come and go throughout life but improvements are generally see in very young adults and then as a person ages.

I hope this helps!

Vision Problems

Vision Problems Guide