Implantation Bleeding or Menstruation?

I’m confused and wonder if you could lend some advice or your own thoughts on the differences that you have experienced on this topic.
I have regular cycles around 27 days (sometimes 26). My menstruation typically starts light and is super heavy the second day (red in color). It typically lasts 4-5 days. On day 12 of my cycle I have a positive OFK and subsequently had intercourse. I either ovulated on day 13 or 14 so today would be around CD 11. Yesterday morning, I started with a very bright colored blood and then experienced nothing until later in the afternoon. Later it was more and I had some cramping. I used a tampon b/c I did not have pads. That night it was only on one side. Two different times I had a drop on my underwear. Overnight it did not fill half the tampon. Today was the same thing. In fact after six hours and then checking the tampon, it was filled about half way, but my guess is that it was not soaked all the way through. The color is not the same as usual, but it seems like I shouldn’t have that much blood b/c what I read says “spotting”. Typically, today I would be really heavy and it is about half that. It is also three or four days prior to my period so I am confused. It feels like a period, but I am unsure because of the bright color and amount. Any thoughts? Thanks!

HERWriter Guide (reply to summer15)

Hi Summer15

If you're under 35, give yourself a year of trying. For over 35, it's six months. After this time, both of you should be checked.

Make sure you are having sex BEFORE ovulation in order to give yourself the best chance. You should be having sex every other day from days 10-18 in your cycle.

Anonymous

I've been spotting from day 17 and 18 of my cycle then it stopped and on the 20 th day I started again then on the 21 day I'm starting to bleed at first I thought it was implantation now I'm thinking other wise but my cycles are never abnormal there always on time and around the same time idk what's causing me to bleed in between cycles I'm freaking out

There is no need to freak out. Sounds like you have an early period, just randomly.
Our cycles are never exactly the same every month of every year, even if we are accustomed to regularity.
If you think you might be pregnant, then take a test. We can't tell you if you are pregnant or not. If you're not pregnant, then you just have a blip in your cycle which is nothing to worry about.

Anonymous

Hi, I'm 22. My period has been very regular. I had my period on 23rd March.. And then on the 11th April I noticed there's brown discharges on my pants. And then it's getting heavier (but not that heavier as my normal period) for the next days & it was only brown colour. For about 1 week. I don't know if it's my period or not. Because it's light, brown colour & one week early.
P/s: Sexually active but protected. & had genital itchiness around that time.

Anonymous

Hi my bf and I have been having unprotected sex the past month and I got my period on time this month and the first day was normal. But on the second day it was very very light. Just a light red pinkish color when I wipe like im about to be off my period already. My period usually lasts about 4-5 day. Could I be pregnant?

No, this is not a sign of pregnancy - periods can be short some months for no discernible reason. A test will confirm this for you if you are still nervous.

Hi
I am planning for baby and on period date I have some brown discharge
But second day no discharge is there.what does that mean?
Please reply

I don't know what that means. If you haven't bled more, then take a pregnancy test. 

Anonymous

Hey I haven't got my period I did a pregnancy test it came back negative I have 3 months with out my period but when I did wipe it was light brown color I went to the ER did a pregnancy test there it was still negative they Doctor didn't want to do a ultrasound just to make sure didn't take no blood test either so I really don't know what's going on can any one help me please

You need a medical evaluation to know what's going on. You may have a hormonal imbalance but you need to see a doctor.