ask: Implantation Bleeding or Menstruation?

I’m confused and wonder if you could lend some advice or your own thoughts on the differences that you have experienced on this topic.
I have regular cycles around 27 days (sometimes 26). My menstruation typically starts light and is super heavy the second day (red in color). It typically lasts 4-5 days. On day 12 of my cycle I have a positive OFK and subsequently had intercourse. I either ovulated on day 13 or 14 so today would be around CD 11. Yesterday morning, I started with a very bright colored blood and then experienced nothing until later in the afternoon. Later it was more and I had some cramping. I used a tampon b/c I did not have pads. That night it was only on one side. Two different times I had a drop on my underwear. Overnight it did not fill half the tampon. Today was the same thing. In fact after six hours and then checking the tampon, it was filled about half way, but my guess is that it was not soaked all the way through. The color is not the same as usual, but it seems like I shouldn’t have that much blood b/c what I read says “spotting”. Typically, today I would be really heavy and it is about half that. It is also three or four days prior to my period so I am confused. It feels like a period, but I am unsure because of the bright color and amount. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Anonymous

I got my period for the second time and the first time it was light-ish brown and now it is bright red but there is a lot of blood I had to change my pad 4 times is this what I should expect from my period from now on and am I supposed to bleed this much I am nervous and worried about this ~ worried :(

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Are you just starting to get periods? They can vary from month to month. Some days you will need to change a pad only two or three times, other times it could be up to six times. Days two and three tend to be the heaviest. Unfortunately, this is how periods work. 

Anonymous

My question is I finished my period about a week ago and today I started spotting what can that be it never happened before?

Anonymous

Have a 33day cycle bled on day 30 was like a watery red now on the 3rd day which would be when I start my period it's a brown colour could I be having implantation bleeding. My partner and me have been ttc for about 5months. My periods are regular to dot so this early bleed has got me wondering could it be this month? Any advice would be helpful thanks x

Anonymous

I started spotting a little red/brown around the day I was supposto get my period now I am 6days late. Is that normal? Should I just wait longer for my period? Usually I start spotting I get my period after a day or two now I have nothing at all.

gege

Hello , I have a question , I had sex last month August 29 & 30th multiple times and he ejaculated in me . I was on my 3rd and 4th day of my period but very light pretty much nothing I think the sexual activity slowed it down .This month September I was only 1 day late , BUT , I started cramping and light bleeding for a day and a half the 2nd day it stoped that afternoon completely , the 3rd day a light light pink on my panty liner I placed, on the 4th day dark brown almost black spot and the 5th just alil brown spot . Mind you it was only once on the 3rd 4th and 5th day ..
What does this mean HELP please .
Middle of September I was super nauseous and very fatigued slept way to much took a test and received a negative last week maybe to soon ?????please Help

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to gege)

Hi gege

It sounds like you got your period, even if it was very light that month. You can take another test now to be sure, although your period should be along soon. 

gege (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi Susan , if I only bled for that day and a half in September, you believe it may have been a period ? I think i should schedule to see a Dr because this very abnormal for me .

Anonymous

I normally get my period at the end of each minth. Last month when I did get my period it only lasted three or four days, which isn't normal because my period is always 6 to 7 days long. And this month my period is a week late today. When I went to the bathroom this morning I seen brown discharge when I wiped. What could this mean?

Anonymous

Hi there was wondering if you could shed some light on what im about to ask Its been a month now still haven't had my period last month I had intercourse just notice it was the day before im schedule to get my period till then I still have not gotten my period but a day ago I thought I had due to spotting? Its really unusual my cycle usually on time I know I am not pregnant I did take a home PT turned up negative which is fine what do you think is the cause of this?

Thank you in advance

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: