ask: Implantation Bleeding or Menstruation?

I’m confused and wonder if you could lend some advice or your own thoughts on the differences that you have experienced on this topic.
I have regular cycles around 27 days (sometimes 26). My menstruation typically starts light and is super heavy the second day (red in color). It typically lasts 4-5 days. On day 12 of my cycle I have a positive OFK and subsequently had intercourse. I either ovulated on day 13 or 14 so today would be around CD 11. Yesterday morning, I started with a very bright colored blood and then experienced nothing until later in the afternoon. Later it was more and I had some cramping. I used a tampon b/c I did not have pads. That night it was only on one side. Two different times I had a drop on my underwear. Overnight it did not fill half the tampon. Today was the same thing. In fact after six hours and then checking the tampon, it was filled about half way, but my guess is that it was not soaked all the way through. The color is not the same as usual, but it seems like I shouldn’t have that much blood b/c what I read says “spotting”. Typically, today I would be really heavy and it is about half that. It is also three or four days prior to my period so I am confused. It feels like a period, but I am unsure because of the bright color and amount. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Anonymous

I need some advice/thoughts. I had a miscarriage last december at just under 6 weeks. My schedule resumed pretty quickly and 29 days later (after bleeding) I got a normal period and have been having them right on time since then with no history of abnormalities, etc. This month has been very different. On July 18 (as scheduled) period showed up and seemed normal at first except a bit lighter with barely any cramps so I assumed I was just having an easy period. Ended after 4 days, which is pretty normal but then picked up again the next day, got lighter later in the day then picked up again the next day. Ended after a full 7 days from start to finish which is long for me for a period, especially since I never slow down then start up again. Then, on cd 16 (only 7/8 days after the bleeding from my period stopped) i started bleeding again, light flow needing only pantyliners, bright red with cramps (again very light cramps and not like when I miscarried). So the bleeding pretty much died down last night which was cd19 and this morning only spotting a bit and it's brown blood. My cycle has never done this to me before and I can't stop wondering if there is something wrong with me or if it's at all possible this is implantation bleeding. I have no other symptoms other than started to feel a bit queasy this morning and last night had a very very very strong craving for pickles and cheese, even debated making a pickles and cheez whiz sandwich (before I realized I didn't have any pickles) and that also never happens to me. I can't go to the doctor until the end of this week at earliest as I am in another city for work this whole week. Has anyone else experienced some similar???

Anonymous

This to happen to me my period came on like 11:30p.m on the 8th the hold tampon was full on the 9th bt the 10th 11th and today it wasnt the case the tampon wasnt even half way full I dont know nor understand I need someones advice.

Anonymous

Hello I too have an issue and I am really confused. Me and my boyfried have had unprotected sex quite a few times and I was supposed to have my period July 6 but it came about 4-5 days late, and I am usually on time I track it on an APP i have on my phone, i was having some slight cramping not bad really. Usually I would have felt terrible beacuse my menstrual cramps are crutial. I have been feeling nauseous and and everything but no boob soreness, bloated maybe symptoms I normally dont have while on my period. Im am really confused. I do want to be pregnant so I hope I am. Could some one please help?

Anonymous

I was suppose to get my period on the 5 of July, then it didnt show up.Today is the 10th and its about 4 o clock and i started getting thid ligjt brown blood but its not showing up on my pantie cause its not very heavy.My and my boyfriend has d unprotected sex on the 17th of june.I dont know what is happening.I feel dizzy and nauseous.Hungry every hour.Peeing ever other hour.Sleepinh in until 1 or 2 in thr afternoon.Please help.

Anonymous

So i ended my period this month on the 17th, had unprotected sex on the 25th and 27th. I woke up this morning and found a dark brown almost black smudge that was smeared on my underwear. Then i experienced light blood flow. What could this mean?

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex in June 2. I always get my period on the 14th of every month. I started bleeding on June 16th. It started normal for two days then stopped for a day then started bleeding a little again. It's been on and off for 6 day now. My period usually last for 5-6 days. I took two test and were negative. What is going on?

I'm exactly the same my period was due 11th July took 4 test over the coming days all negative period didn't arrive to 18th July was bright red to start not as heavy as I normally then went to a brown pinky colour. And only spotting since not even enough to fill a tampon half way it's now 6 days this has been happening and my period normally last 3 days
My tummy is bloated with cramping (don't have cramping normally on period) boobies are bigger and getting lower back ache peeing constantly fatigue and all I do is eat. I feel pregnant so why are these tests saying negative? If anyone on this post the same what was ur outcome? Thank u xxxxx

Anonymous

I'm not entirely sure what is going on with my cycle.... maybe pregnant maybe not? First day of AF was 5/31 and lasted the normal 4-5 days, had a very light bleed (barely lasted 48 hours) 6/11-12. DH and I are not TTC, but we're not not TTC and have had intercourse many times this cycle both before and after 6/11 with no bc methods. Expecting AF 6/27 but now really nauseous past 2 days, noticed my breasts feel different, appetite change, unusual fatigue, and noticed a few differences down there (usually by this time in cycle I'm dry but not now, and lots of discharge-- not to be gross or TMI). I also have headaches more than normal, nose very runny and my face is breaking out really bad, kinda like AF but worse.... same thing happened when I found out I was pregnant with my son in 2011. Any ideas? Am I pregnant and should get a test, or just a very wacky cycle?
Any advice and answers are greatly appreciated.

-- avianmom

UPDATE: I'm going to chalk it up to a really weird cycle.... got my period this morning 6 days late! If AF hadn't shown up today, I would've picked up a test after work... good thing I waited, a BFN is the last thing I need to see when I want another baby so badly.
Oh well, better luck next time, I hope.
--avianmom

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: