ask: Implantation Bleeding or Menstruation?

I’m confused and wonder if you could lend some advice or your own thoughts on the differences that you have experienced on this topic.
I have regular cycles around 27 days (sometimes 26). My menstruation typically starts light and is super heavy the second day (red in color). It typically lasts 4-5 days. On day 12 of my cycle I have a positive OFK and subsequently had intercourse. I either ovulated on day 13 or 14 so today would be around CD 11. Yesterday morning, I started with a very bright colored blood and then experienced nothing until later in the afternoon. Later it was more and I had some cramping. I used a tampon b/c I did not have pads. That night it was only on one side. Two different times I had a drop on my underwear. Overnight it did not fill half the tampon. Today was the same thing. In fact after six hours and then checking the tampon, it was filled about half way, but my guess is that it was not soaked all the way through. The color is not the same as usual, but it seems like I shouldn’t have that much blood b/c what I read says “spotting”. Typically, today I would be really heavy and it is about half that. It is also three or four days prior to my period so I am confused. It feels like a period, but I am unsure because of the bright color and amount. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Hello, I am 22 years old and for the past year or so I have been having kinda regular periods, considering I haven't had a regular cycle since I had the depot shot in high school. But for the past year I've been having alot of brown blood the first day or so and be heavy on the 2nd-4th and then it kinda just stops. But my last period it was the same but I noticed that one side of the tampon was red and the other side brown, the last day which was yesterday was brown but today I wiped and it was a light pinkish color.. Could this mean ovarian cancer?!

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Generally, brown vaginal discharge indicates old blood. Since this is causing you concern, consider scheduling an appointment or just talk to your gynecologist.

According to the American Cancer Society, the most common symptoms of ovarian cancer include bloating, pelvic or abdominal pain, trouble eating or feeling full quickly, and urinary urgency or frequency.

I want some answers, I have had a period this month in the 2nd August and have now experience some more bleeding now, 30th I am not due for another 4 days. But the thing is the bleeding isn't as usual as it always have been, it is a pinkish colour, and bright, sorry for too much information, but also do have cramps. I have been researching about it but hasn't really given me a useful answer. If anyone would help me out woul be appreciated.
Many thanks

I'm wondering if anyone could help. I'm slightly confused. My husband and I have been trying for a baby the last 7 months and we haven't been lucky. My period is due on the 6/8/15. On Sunday afternoon (2/8/15) I had very light cramps and notice so brown spots in my underwear and when I was wiping, later it was a bright red colour, I've keep on/off with the spotting on my pads and when wiping. It's now been 4 days. It doesn't feel like a period at all, I normally experience painful cramps,headaches,sickness and back ache. Which I'm not, could this be implantation bleeding?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to summer15)

We use month/day/year in the States, just an FYI when giving dates!

It could be implantation bleeding but a test would be accurate now - you are due today. A early pregnancy test will let you know.

summer15 (reply to Susan Cody)

Hi Susan,

Thank you for getting back to me, I took a test this morning and it came back negative :-(. Starting to wondering if we can have children, as I calaulate when I'm ovulating.

Hi Summer15

If you're under 35, give yourself a year of trying. For over 35, it's six months. After this time, both of you should be checked.

Make sure you are having sex BEFORE ovulation in order to give yourself the best chance. You should be having sex every other day from days 10-18 in your cycle.

I've been spotting from day 17 and 18 of my cycle then it stopped and on the 20 th day I started again then on the 21 day I'm starting to bleed at first I thought it was implantation now I'm thinking other wise but my cycles are never abnormal there always on time and around the same time idk what's causing me to bleed in between cycles I'm freaking out

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

There is no need to freak out. Sounds like you have an early period, just randomly.
Our cycles are never exactly the same every month of every year, even if we are accustomed to regularity.
If you think you might be pregnant, then take a test. We can't tell you if you are pregnant or not. If you're not pregnant, then you just have a blip in your cycle which is nothing to worry about.

Hi, I'm 22. My period has been very regular. I had my period on 23rd March.. And then on the 11th April I noticed there's brown discharges on my pants. And then it's getting heavier (but not that heavier as my normal period) for the next days & it was only brown colour. For about 1 week. I don't know if it's my period or not. Because it's light, brown colour & one week early.
P/s: Sexually active but protected. & had genital itchiness around that time.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: