ask: Implantation Bleeding or Menstruation?

I’m confused and wonder if you could lend some advice or your own thoughts on the differences that you have experienced on this topic.
I have regular cycles around 27 days (sometimes 26). My menstruation typically starts light and is super heavy the second day (red in color). It typically lasts 4-5 days. On day 12 of my cycle I have a positive OFK and subsequently had intercourse. I either ovulated on day 13 or 14 so today would be around CD 11. Yesterday morning, I started with a very bright colored blood and then experienced nothing until later in the afternoon. Later it was more and I had some cramping. I used a tampon b/c I did not have pads. That night it was only on one side. Two different times I had a drop on my underwear. Overnight it did not fill half the tampon. Today was the same thing. In fact after six hours and then checking the tampon, it was filled about half way, but my guess is that it was not soaked all the way through. The color is not the same as usual, but it seems like I shouldn’t have that much blood b/c what I read says “spotting”. Typically, today I would be really heavy and it is about half that. It is also three or four days prior to my period so I am confused. It feels like a period, but I am unsure because of the bright color and amount. Any thoughts? Thanks!

Anonymous

I had unprotected sex everyday of my fertile window including ovulation day and the afterwards I have been noticing signs but as far as my period I always been heavy and had cramps leading up to the day that my period is due but this month I had no cramping until the day of and even then the cramps are way lighter then my regular cramps and the blood has been light day one it started off light pink mixed with red and slimy discharge and now its day two and the blood is light red with slimy discharge.....could this be implantation bleeding? (and sn I rarely spot before my period and when I do its brown)

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Normally, implantation bleed is scanty and pink or brownish in color. It occurs a week to a few days before your period would normally start.

I am doubtful that this discharge is implantation bleeding, but I can be wrong. Since you had unprotected sex through out your fertile period, you could be pregnant.

Consider consulting your gynecologist.

Regards,

Anonymous (reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

I only had this "light bleeding" for 3 or 4 days and then brown spotting the next day all with little to no cramping which is unlike my period. I dont feel like how I felt before except for me feeling sick with a stuffy nose and sore throat but I took it as thats just my allergies.

Anonymous

So, Hi Everyone I Need Help. I've Been Experiencing A Lot Of Pregnancy Symptoms. Such As, Headaches, Bloating, Diarrhea, Fatigue, Nausea (No Throwing Up But Close), First They Wore Sensitive and Sore (My Nipples) And Now They're Itchy. I Have The Appetite I Usually Eat Fried Chicken Last Night I Picked Over It And Didn't Want It. I Have A Sharp Sense Of Smell. Now Today I Woke Up With Cramping... A Little Tmi So Becareful, I Was Having A Bowel Movement (Diarrhea) And I Found Very Very Light Bloodier Stuff Coming Out Of My Va J J. It Is Not Red It Is Very Light Brown. My Period Is 7 Days Late And I Am Still Cramping Should I Be worried?

Have you had unprotected sex since your last period? If so, then there is a chance that you could be pregnant.

A home pregnancy test will give you the answer you are looking for. With the availability of affordable and convenient testing that can be done in the privacy of your home, there is no need to keep guessing based on symptoms.

Regards,

Anonymous

Hi
Ok so my period Was late 19 days and I was happy yesterday when it came But I found out when I wape not because the blood Dripped down .... but it's
weird because when I wape my self I see blood and cloths but on my pad there's barley any it's like I'm finishing my period ... My flow is never that light in my first or second day .... Could implantation bleeding come late??? Or could it be all the stress I've had ...... I had sex dec 21 I've taken 3 test And all of them came negative
I need help

If you are did conceive on December 21, you should have had a positive pregnancy test. When did you last test?

A pregnancy test measures hCG, which is a hormone that is produced only during pregnancy. Levels of hCG can be detected in blood about 11 days after conception and in urine about 12 to 14 days following conception. Generally, levels will double every 72 hours.

It is too late for this to be implantation bleeding. On average, implantation bleeding occurs about 9 days after ovulation and fertilization. The range is between 6 to 12 days.

Stress can cause changes in your menstrual cycle. If you continue to be concerned or have any further questions, consult your primary care provider.

Regards,

I took one on janury 21 and it came back negative...

Then you can rule out being pregnant.

I will also have to add my periods are not regular

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: