Implantation bleeding or period?

By Anonymous December 30, 2009 - 12:29pm

I am 30. Unprotected intercourse for well over a year with my fiance. I normally have a horrid monthly cycle. I normally have a lot of bleeding, clotting, pain etc... So which brings me to my question.. Night before last when I wiped I had a pink cervical mucous. Then yesterday I started spotting brown blood and this has carried over into today. There is not enough to wear more than a pantyliner. There has been a small amount of red colored blood but the only time i ever have it is after i use the bathroom and it is on the t.p. I do have some mild and I mean very mild cramping. I have not felt hungry in a couple days as well and my norm is to really feel starving by now. My period is not due until Saturday and Today is Wednesday. I am normally a 28-29 day on the dot. Actually usually in the middle of the night between the 28 and 29 day. So this would mean all this started 6-7 days before my cycle was even due. I don't know if it is implantation or what?? Its not just a spot but its not a normal flow? Any body with similar situations?

Hi again

Thanks for the update. It sounds more like your period than implantation bleeding but we can't tell you for sure.

Go ahead and take a pregnancy test and you should get an accurate result.

Also, if you have been having unprotected sex for a year and are not yet pregnant, you may want to see a health care professional about this (especially if having a baby is something you may want down the line). After one year of unprotected sex without a pregnancy, you are considered as having a potential fertility problem. This does not mean either of you ARE infertile but it's a sign that you should both get checked out, just in case.

We wish you the best!

No not really trying, but also we do not try to prevent. We have had unprotected sex for over a year and nothing. I have been checked and I seem to be fine. This is a strange happening for me. I mentioned before, its is not a flow, but it is also not like a small spot that happened once. It is a spotting that continues about every few hours, if that helps any?

Thanks for your question - it's one we get a lot and hopefully we can help you a little, although obviously we can't tell you if it's implantation bleeding due to pregnancy.

Implantation bleeding is usually spotting, rather than any kind of "blood flow". You may just be getting your period a little early, or if you've been having unprotected sex, then obviously pregnancy may be a factor.

If your period is due on Saturday you can take a pregnancy test now and see what it says - most are pretty accurate up to five days before your due date.

Are you trying to get pregnant?