is it common to miss your period after going off birth control pills and not be pregnant?

This is my first month after going off my birth control pills. I was supposed to get my period yesterday (Fri 6/ 25) and I havent gotten it. This entire week i felt period cramping and my breasts are very sore. I took a pregnancy test on Thurs and it was negative. It kept feeling like i was going to get my period any minute but it hasent come. Is it common to not get your period after stopping the pills or could something me wrong?

Thank you for your question!

The first few months after coming off the Pill are often a little tricky, until you body is able to establish a pattern. Give yourself at least 3 months for you body to get into a rhythm.
Also bear in mind that you may have a natural irregular monthly cycle. Since you are used to being on the Pill, you are used to having a pretty dependable system going. But now that you are off it, you may find that you are often a few days off or that it varies from month to month. Some women have a perfect 28 day cycle. Many women vary month to up up to several days.
If you pregnancy test is negative, you are probably not pregnant but we cannot tell you for certain. If you period does not come in the next 3-5 days, you may want to test again.
From your symptoms, it sounds like you period is about to arrive, although early pregnancy signs often mimic the signs of an impending period.

Have you had unprotected sex since you went off the Pill?