Is it period or Implementation Bleeding?

By March 7, 2016 - 11:24pm

Hi guys.
Wondering if you can give some advice i'm new here. my bf and i had unprotected sex days after my period which my 1st day period was 6 Feb and had another unprotected sex for days on the 18-20 Feb. a week after i felt sick in my stomach and having stomach cramps / gas. feeling nausea and emotional. the following week no cramps or nausea but my food craving was really high and been eating a lot lately compare to my normal meal, and i feel very sleepy even i got 8hrs sleep at night, I also feel light headed this past days.. My period is due last 5 March but didn't come, I tested last saturday morning it was bfn but still no period. but yesterday morning 7 march I wake up with a light bleeding so i tot i have my period already, im usually heavy bleeding on my 1st and second day i always use overnight pad even at morning and change every 4hours, but yesterday when im change to my 2nd pad the 1st pad is not full just a bit of light red blood that was already 12nn so i change to a new pad, i went home and went ot the toilet and still found that it was not as normal as my period. and today the flow looks much more lighter and almost stop, no blood clot which makes me wonder as i always see small blood clot when i have my period. now im confused as im still feeling bloated and having headaches and nausea. what does it mean?

Hi Hermitanne!

Welcome to EmpowHER!

Implantation bleeding occurs about 7-10 days before your period is due so I think this is your period, just a lighter one that normal.

I assume you are trying for a baby, otherwise unprotected sex is a really bad idea. See how the next few days go for you but with a negative test and bleeding, pregnancy is highly unlikely.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/menstrual-cycle

Hi Susan,

Thank you for the reply, the bleeding already stop on the second day and no cramping also. do i need to take another test or should i wait another few more days?

HERWriter Guide (reply to hermitanne)

Hi again!

If your bleeding has stopped, wait a couple more days and retest.