is it possible to have a period twce this month

By August 23, 2010 - 10:41am

i had my period in beginning of august, i had it between 4-5 days. i started it again about 2 weeks later. but, the difference when i wipe after i am done going to the bathroom its a light pinkish color, this has been going on for the past 5 days. it will stop than start between these days. can you help? is this something to be worried about? about 2 years ago i had tuba l tigation dont after my second child, i had the ring clamped onto my fallapion tubes. is their a chance i still can be pregnant? i do feel naucios, bloated and my feet have been getting swollen!

Hi bluetailbeach

It's not normal to have a period twice in one month but you may not be having a second 'period'. It doesn't actually sound like a regular period.

You may have some kind of infection or something else going on. Since it has been going on for several days now, I think it wise to put a call into your doctor. It may be something completely harmless, or a freak second period on a month kind of thing. But if you have having other symptoms like nausea and swelling, seeing a health care provider is a good idea.

Will you keep us updated?

I will keep you updated. i am bot bleeding anymore as of yesterday.
but like i was telling you it only happend when i wiped and it was a light pink! my question was is it possible to get pregnant even if i have tubel ligation with the ring clamps on my fallopian tubes?

(reply to bluetailbeach)

There is less than an 0.5% chance of pregnancy with a tubal ligation; it is considered a permanent and effective form of birth control.