Is it possible that I'm pregnant ?

I'm always on time with my periods. I had my mirena taken out last August . And when I started having periods again , they are ALWAYS on time . To the point that if I'm supposed to start tomorrow, I will get it at 12:01 that morning . I had intercourse with my husband very early Friday morning and my period was due on Sunday . It's now Tuesday and no period. But all the symptoms were there . Horrible cramps. Tender breasts. My face broke out . The usual every month thing. But I still don't have my period. I took a test the day I was supposed to start and it was negative. Is it possible that I could have gotten pregnant , and if so would it have been too early to show on a HPT? Even though I've already missed my period??

Some women are highly regular - until they are not. Meaning that a woman at some stage will be early or late even if they have a cycle that runs like clockwork. It doesn't necessarily mean pregnancy and since you tested negative it's not likely you are, especially when you had sex right at the end of your cycle. While no time is perfectly safe, that's about the safest time you can get.

There are other factors including a change in body chemistry, a slight hormonal shift or even stress. Stress can be subtle, from travelling to changes in the home to sports or work. The human body is an ever evolving machine although fortunately changes are slow for most of us.

Pregnancy tests are highly accurate these days and are accurate the day you are due but since this is very unusual for you, I suggest taking another in a few days if you don't get your period first. But it sounds like your period is on it's way.

Women are highly regular - until they are not. Meaning that a woman at some stage will be early or late even if they have a cycle that runs like clockwork. It doesn't necessarily mean pregnancy and since you tested negative it's not likely you are, especially when you had sex right at the end of your cycle. While no time is perfectly safe, that's about the safest time you can get.

There are other factors including a change in body chemistry, a slight hormonal shift or even stress. Stress can be subtle, from travelling to changes in the home to sports or work.