Is it Pregnancy or Plan B making my periods irregular?

By August 21, 2010 - 7:13am

So my boyfriend and I had unprotected sex a couple days after my period ended. We had sex on July 18 and I took Plan B One Step July 19. Six days later, on the 24, I started bleeding and it lasted for about five days like my regular period. It is now August 21 and I was supposed to get my period around the 14th. So my period is around 7 days late. Could I be pregnant or is it just plan by making my period irregular??

Dear elanaefe,

You could be pregnant or your cycle could be irregular - that's how the body works after taking Plan B, in terms of irregularity.
You may not be pregnant at all. It's common to have those days of bleeding after taking Plan B and then your next 'real' period being non-existent or early/late.

Of course, we cannot tell you if you are actually pregnant or not, but you sound like a typical case of taking Plan B with all the side effects, but without pregnancy. You can take a pregnancy test right now and get an accurate result. Since you're 7 days late, a test is a good idea.

Please let us know either way!