I've recently started taking the contraceptive pill and I have just finished my first packet - I'm wondering when my period will be?

I'm starting to get paranoid about all sorts after some self diagnosis on google (I know I shouldn't have!). My period when I first took the pill was heavy and a little early but that was fairly normal. Since then I have had brown discharge throughout the month. I am on my week break now and on the third day and still nothing. I'm convincing myself of pregnancy and all sorts because off symptoms like back pain etc. and I just can't seem to relax about it all!

Thanks for your post.

Some women spot bleed for several months after starting the birth control pill. All women are different as to when they get their breakthrough bleeding. It can be 2-6 days after stopping the active pills. As long as you take your pills at the same time every day, you will not be at risk for pregnancy.

Read more here: http://www.empowher.com/menstrual-cycle/content/spotting-pill-5-reasons-may-be-happening