Just found out I have IPF ..support group help

By Anonymous February 13, 2012 - 2:36pm

just looking for any kind of help regarding this disease. Have no idea anything about it and it's very scary

I can understand your fears. I will offer you some links to information that may be helpful to you.

The EmpowHER Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis home page
offers information. There doesn't appear to be a Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Group, but you may want to start one.

The Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation website
offers an explanation of what idiopathic pulmonary fibrosis is, the prevalence, symptoms and quality of life with IPF articles.

I hope that your fears will be somewhat lessened once you learn more about this condition.

(reply to Maryann Gromisch RN)

Thank you so much for taking the time to reply to my questions. I will check out the info from above. I'm still in the doctor/testing stage - waiting for appt. with PF guru in Hershey, Pa. so any ideas, suggestions, help is very much appreciated. Starting a support group myself will probably be down the road after I get myself better acquainted with this disease and the progresses on it

Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis

Idiopathic Pulmonary Fibrosis Guide