late period

By Anonymous December 9, 2014 - 8:08pm

so i have been extremely stressed the past few months with college, and this month my period is a week late so far. I have never had sex, however I do mess around with my boyfriend (hand jobs/ blow jobs). I also have a sinus infection. I was wondering if the sinus infection/ stress were what is making my period late?

A sinus infection should not interfere with the menstrual cycle but stress certainly will. If you haven't had intercourse and are a week late, then stress is probably a factor. Since many college students are undergoing finals right now, I'd say a combination of stress and fatigue are to blame.  It sound be on it's way.

okay so i do not need to be worried about pregnancy? sorry i know i am probably being paranoid. Thanks for your help!

Hi again Anon! 

If you have never had intercourse or had ejaculate at the opening of your vagina, then pregnancy is impossible.