late period this month?

By March 2, 2010 - 12:53pm

the last time i had sex was in dec. i got my period in jan, but this month it is already 10 days late. my period isnt always on time, but should i be worried?

after 53 days i finally got my period with vengence... whew but i dont mind haha

Hi discovering_life

Thanks for the update!

I know how stressful the waiting game can be. It's nerve-wracking and the days crawl by.

Please do take a pregnancy test to ease your mind but the truth is that if you had a regular period the month after you had sex, and you haven't had sex again, then you can't be period. If you have the money to take test, it can't hurt and it'll ease your mind.

If you are sometimes late, and now stressed, then this is probably one of those messed-up months for you. And try not to read up too much on the crazy stories you read on the Net! They are enough to keep you up all night!

Please keep us updated.

i took a pregnancy test yest evening and it came out negative. so now im about more than a month and half late on my period. my mom has already asked me a few times if i got my period!! im not that stressed anymore, but i know its not possible to have your period and still be pregnant. and i havent had sex since december.

(reply to discovering_life)

That's right, discovering life. It's not possible to be pregnant and have a period.

Since you are irregular anyway, I think it's likely that you just skipped a period entirely. I used to do that about once every two or three years when I was young and my cycles were very irregular. It has to do with the ups and downs of hormones in your body. Yours may be a little low, which causes this irregularity.

I'm glad you're not that stressed anymore, because extreme stress can affect our hormones too, making us late.

Give it another couple of weeks. And if it doesn't come -- in other words, if you've skipped two periods -- you might consider seeing a doctor so she or he can check you out. Would you be able to do this without your mom knowing?

(reply to Diane Porter)

i should hopefully get it by the 19th of this month now. my parents are getting suspicious. ugh its drivin me up the wall. i feel like it should be coming from time to time except all i do is take a dump instead. i dont think theres any way i can go to the doctors without my mom atleast since i have come home on a visit and i dont even have a health card. im beginning to stress again...

I think it's safe to say that you just have a late period this month. If you have been stressed out lately this is likely to be the cause.

Is everything okay? Is the stress being caused by something we can help you out with here at EmpowHer?

(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

the late period is stressing me out. i have read some unusual stories online which doesnt help. its already more than 2 weeks... i have my usual breakouts which means my period is on its way... but still no sign.. im wondering if i should take a pregnancy test... im just worried! its never been this late... not that i can remember

Was your January period a regular period? Or just spotting?

If your period in January was regular then this month it is more than likely just late since you have not had any intercourse since December. Are you always this late? I know you mentioned your period not always being on time.

(reply to Rosa Cabrera RN)

it was a regular period. i had it for all 6-7 days. ya sometimes im late. but i guess im just stressed coz i travelled all the way back home and my period aint coming.