light pinky clear bleeding. not enought for panty liners or anything.

By September 26, 2012 - 10:30am

I'm 20 yrs old and I've always had a normal period till I turned 17/18 yrs old. I started having them farther and farther apart. Just last year I only had my period every six or more months. This year I haven't gotten it since January so that's 9 months with my period. But last night while I was wiping I noticed it was super light(barely noticeable) pink. So I checked myself with and it was really lite pinky with gooey clear stuff. I thought the next morning I would get my period normally but it's still the same. I don't think I'm pregnant because my fiance and I have been sexually active with no protection for almost three years already. What could it be?? Is my body trying to get used to having my menstrual again?? Sorry so long but I'm so confused!!:(

I forgot to mention that I got only one demo shot around two years or more ago and never took it again. When I got it I had gone because I hadn't gotten my period for three months and that day I went I had finally gotten it. But since then I gained wieght and my cycles got farther apart so I never went back for anymore shots.

Oh...I did gain weight a lot these past few years and as far as acne I think it's the same and my hair is fine but I will get checked as soon as possible, thank you very much

Hi nicole_0130

The first thing that came to my mind is that you may have PSOC - polycystic ovaries. This causes a lack of periods, can cause infertility (though certainly not always) as well as weight gain (have you noticed this) and more hair growing on the body but hair loss from the head and acne.

You can read here for lots more on PCOS here: http://www.empowher.com/condition/polycystic-ovarian-syndrome

Nicole, not getting periods isn't normal and not getting pregnant after 3 years of unprotected sex means something may be wrong with your reproductive system.

Please make an appointment with your doctor as soon as you can and let us know how it goes.