Is light spotting considered a priod after birth control??

By September 24, 2015 - 8:02pm

I had the nexplanon implant on 7-15-15 and removed on 8-26-15 no longer on birth control since then I got a pink light spotting on 9-24-15 is that consider my menstrual period??

Hi Jyy!

It's probably withdrawal bleeding, as the hormones are leaving your body. Hard to say if it's your period is it was just spotting. But since it was about a month after removal it may well be. Your next period ( a "proper" one) should be along anytime between now and the next month. Period can take several months to regulate after these kinds of birth control implants are removed.