Menstrual period.

By Anonymous January 4, 2016 - 7:06am

Hi i got the IUD 4 months ago and I been having my period twice a month .. Very irregular ,its heavy then light then heavy again... Like now this months I had it on December 21 thru the 25..then stop and started back again on the 30 & still on it. I want to know is this the reaction of the IUD.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for reaching out to us with your concern.

Two periods in one month and heavy flow are abnormal. The IUD could be the cause since this pattern developed after having it inserted. Please contact your gynecologist today.