Menstrual Periods

I underwent a cecerian to deliver ababy girl.This was in 2004.Since then I have never seen my periods.I was advised by physicians to be using the pills.Indeed when I use them I see the periods.What could be the problem

Hi nsuleiman,

Thank you for your question!

Are you saying that you have never had a period in the last 6 years, unless you are using pills? What kind of pills - are they birth control pills?

I have some questions for you in order to help you more

How long have you been on these pills?
What happens when you are off these pills?
Are they birth control pills?
What have your doctors said to you, besides you need to take pills to get your period? Have they told you that you have some kind of condition that prevents you from having your periods?
Did you have any other procedure done to you while having your s-section?
Have you had any other kind of surgery?

I know these are a lot of questions but answering them can really help us help you more. Unless you are in menopause, it's not normal to have no period at all for years, unless you are put on some kind of medication.

I hope to hear back from you soon!

Hi Susan,Thanks for being kind.Ok I have on this pills for six years.When am off these pills means not attending to my periods.I have never had any surgery before.One Docter told me that it could be due to blood that was added to me after the operation.

HERWriter Guide (reply to nsuleiman)

Hi again nsuleiman!

It's good to hear from you again - thanks for your reply!

I think you may need to consider switching doctors. You are being given bit and pieces that don't really make any sense - they certainly don't to me. I think it's a bit patronizing that you aren't being spoken to like an intelligent human being. Do you think that you are being treated fairly, nsuleiman? I'm not sure I do and you deserve to know everything that's going on in your body and why.

You still haven't mentioned what kind of pills you are being given? Can you tell me the name of the pills? That can help us know more about what your doctor is trying to achieve by giving them to you. I suspect they may be hormone pills (anything from the birth control pill to some kind of other hormonal regulators or supplements) but if you can give me the name, it will help enormously. You can do it by personal message if you prefer.

Do you have access to another doctor, nsuleiman?
I hope to hear back from you soon - we're here to help!