missed period and pregnancy test is negative.why?

5 days has over from my expected period date.my home test result is negative.no symptoms of period.what should I do.am I pregnant or not?

Welcome to EmpowHER. Thank you for reaching out to our community for help.

Did you have unprotected intercourse since your last period? Are your menstrual cycles regular?
Have you ever been late before or missed a period?

When did you test? Was it an early response pregnancy test? Did you test in the morning? Did you use the first urine of the day, that is when you woke up and used the bathroom?

Repeat the test. Purchase a name brand product. Test in the morning. If you get a negative result, other causes need to be considered.

Prolonged periods of high stress, a dramatic increase in physical exercise, a hormonal imbalance, and recent use of an emergency contraceptive pill are just a few causes of a delayed period.