missed pills

By July 27, 2016 - 10:43am

I missed The first 3-4 pills of my new pack ( after the 7 day break) and had unprotected sex on the 1st day I missed the pill. Chance of being pregnant ?

Hi vuzzbee

Thanks for reaching out to EmpowHER with your question!

While we can't tell you the actual chances of pregnancy (as in, percentages), we can tell you that your risk has been raised because you may have ovulated due to missed pills - and you also need to use condoms for the next 7 days if you have sex, even if you are taking your pills every day again.

Keep taking your pills as usual and if you don't get your usual bleeding in a few weeks, you can test for pregnancy.

I dont know if this matters or not but when I had my period on the sugar pulls it was really really light. More like spotting. But two wee prior to that I had a kind of heave period in the middle of the pack. Do you have any reason why this may be ?