My baby is 8 months old,how much longer should I breast feed her?

By March 8, 2015 - 2:15pm

The reason that I ask is because someone told me that as long as I breast feed her,I will not have a period and I want to get pregnant again.

Hello and thank you for sharing your question.

In general your period will return when you stop breast feeding or start to substitute breast milk with formula.  However, it is not guaranteed that it will start right away.

You can start to wean your baby off breast milk any time after 6 months.  So now is the perfect time for you to start introducing the bottle.  The time when your period returns will depend on many factors and is different of everyone.