my menstrual period

By November 3, 2010 - 7:07am

I know this can't be normal, about a year ago my periods have been extremely heavy very I get huge!!! Blood clots I go thru at least 10 pads a day sometimes more. I'm weak a lot for loosing so much blood I'm on for bout 2wks sometime I have to sit down to take break just walking thru my house I get depress about it can't sleep afraid I'm going to bloody our bed up. Wasn't always like this went to the doctor bout it told me to take iron pill now for loosing so much my iron is very low I'm anemic now. Just what to know is there any solution to this because its depressing the hell out of me. : (

Hi tonikasa

Thanks for your post and I'm so sorry you have been dealing with this for a year now.

tonikasa, you need to either see a new doctor if this one is simply giving you iron pills, or explain your exact situation to him/her.

What is happening is not normal - you should not be soaking a minimum of 10 pads a day for up to two weeks at a time. It's no wonder you are anemic, weak and feeling unwell.

There are many treatments for this kind of menstrual/reproductive problems. One is called a D&C - you can read more on it here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/dilation-and-curettage or something called Her Option (but that's better for women who are finished having children or are sure they do not want any) - you can read about that here: http://www.heroption.com/

The birth control pill may also be a good option.

Please have your doctor see you again. You need treatment for this and an iron pill will solve nothing. Will you make an appointment and let us know?

I hope to hear more from you soon-

Dysmenorrhea Guide